Optimal Resolution for Printing?


Status
Not open for further replies.

jovedaddy

New Member
Feb 22, 2002
302
0
0
Sengkang
Visit site
#1
Advise needed :

Was told by a pro lab that for a 4R print from a digicam, there no diff if the file was 1024x768 pix or 3072x2048 pix, ie. about 180 dpi.

Similarly,
5R - 1200x800
6R - 1280x1024
8R - 1600x1200

True?
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#2
jovedaddy said:
Advise needed :

Was told by a pro lab that for a 4R print from a digicam, there no diff if the file was 1024x768 pix or 3072x2048 pix, ie. about 180 dpi.

Similarly,
5R - 1200x800
6R - 1280x1024
8R - 1600x1200

True?
Most machines print at 300dpi. So that means for a 4R you should have at least
(6x300 X 4x300) = 1800 x 1200. do the maths for the other sizes.
 

#3
coke21 said:
Most machines print at 300dpi. So that means for a 4R you should have at least
(6x300 X 4x300) = 1800 x 1200. do the maths for the other sizes.
Though this is true, you don't need 300ppi to get a good print. I've printed good prints from 1600x1200 files up to 8R.

Regards
CK
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#4
ckiang said:
Though this is true, you don't need 300ppi to get a good print. I've printed good prints from 1600x1200 files up to 8R.

Regards
CK
That works out to be ard 150dpi? Hmmm...so what is the lowest resolution that you have printed and the shots turn out to be okay? Thanks
 

jovedaddy

New Member
Feb 22, 2002
302
0
0
Sengkang
Visit site
#6
heard the fuji frontier machine is optimum at 192 dpi (or maybe due to the paper). anyone can verify? thanks.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom