Optical Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sphoenix

Fascinated with optical zooms. What's the best budget way to get a good optical zoom digital camera?

Here's what I've heard

Olympus c700 - $900 @ superpet sls
Olympus c2100 - $950 @ AP
Fujifilm 2800 - $699 @ ????
Casio 2900? - ???? @ ????
Canon Powershot A20 $580? sls ( what add on do I buy to increase the zoom?)

What other ways and how much would it cost to get an optical zoom of at least 6x?

Btw I would prefer it if the camera had more manual controls so that I can explore it further.

Thanks

Fujifilm 2800 - $650 @ AP - 6x optical zoom - very limited manual controls
Casio 2900UX - est. $700 @ AP - 8x optical zoom - full manual controls

All those DCs u mentioned are 2.1MP.....

If u want to have higher MP + big zoom + all the manual controls u ever need...maybe u can consider the Somy F707 (5x), Fujifilm 6900 (6x) or Minolta Dimage 5/7 (7x)? :)

These are $1K +++ though........:gbounce:

Well I do think that a 2.1 megapixel will be good enough for the next 2.1 years. ;)
Hmm just wondering what the new digital camera models are gonna be like. So far the only one I've heard is the minolta and the panasonic lumix series. Wondering what camera with 10x optical zoom is coming out next.

Even though you mentioned it in one of your posts, I just realised that the casio qv 2900 does not have a view finder. Battery will definitely go down fast then.

Hmm where to buy NiMH quick charger and how much?

Originally posted by Sphoenix
Even though you mentioned it in one of your posts, I just realised that the casio qv 2900 does not have a view finder. Battery will definitely go down fast then.

each set of 1600mAH NiMH batteries last about 130 shots. This includes using the LCD for playing back and composing the pictures.

Originally posted by Sphoenix

each set of 1600mAH NiMH batteries last about 130 shots. This includes using the LCD for playing back and composing the pictures.

what brand of batteries you used for that?

Canon Powershot A20 $580? sls ( what add on do I buy to increase the zoom?)
[/B]

where do you get this quote?

Originally posted by rick
where do you get this quote?

You can get at AP at around $560.

Originally posted by fusetrips

You can get at AP at around $560.

Hey price went down by $20. Yeah I had an equote from them at $580. Last week or 2 weeks ago.

It's a pretty decent camera. You could also download and print full-size samples from the web to judge on the quality :)

I looked at the samples, its looks good, but I think the Canon A40 is as good.

But besides the picture quality, anything else about the FZ1 stands out?

Originally posted by KSeet
I looked at the samples, its looks good, but I think the Canon A40 is as good.

But besides the picture quality, anything else about the FZ1 stands out?

The zoom, supposed good lens, Image stabiisation and wide aperture.

Originally posted by skyflash
I used about 1 set of 4 during the day (from 9am to 4pm) without flash. That is about 200-250 shots.

After which, I loaded the other set for the evening (most slow-sync with flash; 5pm-9pm). The second set is still "full-bar" before i recharge it.

While it does drain battery fast, but I think it is acceptable.

Yup, battery life is actually very acceptable considering that the LCD has to be used to composing :) I miss the swivel body much :(

Status
Not open for further replies.