Optical mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
i wanna get a good optical mouse for gamin purposes....

any recommendations ard the 60 dollar range?

cheeers

Im using a Razor Diamondback. Got it at discount, think its was $60. Quite a good mouse, but a bit expensive if bought at the normal price.

silver.wolf said:
OT: Study larr! Dun play games! :nono:

Actually Razor Diamondback is very good for photoshop also.
When doing home work can click faster and surf faster:bsmilie:
:thumbsup:

I feel the razor is way too expensive and you're paying more for brand than technology.

yanyewkay said:
I feel the razor is way too expensive and you're paying more for brand than technology.

that's very true but i got my copperhead for free =P.

anyway witness : get a logitech G1. i'm a competitive counterstrike source player as well. and g1 would fit your budget good. dmb ain't that good and really razer mouse aint worth the money =)

hmmm...thanks alot for the input guys....at least i know wat i will looking for when i do visit sim lim nxt week....

wolf...its not for me la.....its for my BRO....he's complaing that when he play games the mouse not sensitive enuff or sth la...and since its his bdae...might as well lor.....

zplus...editing....use wacom la hahhaha BEST...

cheerios

a game sensitivity has nothing much to do with the mouse. it's more of whether you like it or not. will optical mouse all the same. i only go for looks, brand and grip. and i meant in gaming terms.

well but it seems like different optical mice have different dpi..which affects sensitivity or sth like tt ya...i'm not too sure on this....i dun even play games at all hahaha

dpi = dots per inch. which technically means how much of a small distance it will be able to move. but 800 is more than enuff. =)

i feel 800dpi is probably enough for 800x600 game play. at most you can stretch to 1024x768. I'm not a very serious gamer myself but I use at least 1200dpi on my 1280x1024 screen.

The A4 Tech X7 mouse i bought allows me to adjust different dpi sensitivity from a button on the mouse. So if I'm doing other work and need to scroll over a large area I can up the sensitivity and move really fast. For more intricate work I can down the sensitivity to 600 and move really slow and stable. :D The scroll wheel indicates which 'dpi' you're at with different coloured lights.

I'm happy with my mighty mouse. :D Cheap and good. The last I seen (last week) was X710 (entry level 1000dpi gaming mouse) going for $30+ the latest X750 going for ~$45-$60 (depending on shop)

Initially I didn't believe in 'gaming mice' until i tried my friend's mouse. The cursor movement across the screen was so fluid and smooth! That was when I bought mine. Not only for gaming but it's and overall 'user experience' upgrade :lovegrin:

Koelsch said:
dpi = dots per inch. which technically means how much of a small distance it will be able to move. but 800 is more than enuff. =)

i dun even think i git 800 dpi now....

thanks guys...went down sls today...got a a4tech x-750 after all... especially intrigued by its changing dpi function with the click of a button on the mouse...good especially when ppl like my sis doesnt need the extra sensitivity when she's using the comp hahaha

cheers

haha it's quite useful in PS if i'm not wrong. i don't have PS at all. but a small thing to click and dpi would be quite useful there. and copperhead has 2 buttons to adjust the dpi on the side. haha glad you like your mouse. to me, mouse can use can le =).

Witness said:
thanks guys...went down sls today...got a a4tech x-750 after all... especially intrigued by its changing dpi function with the click of a button on the mouse...good especially when ppl like my sis doesnt need the extra sensitivity when she's using the comp hahaha

cheers
Hi, how much did u pay for X-750?

i like the feel of my microsoft one

Razor... really fast....

Status
Not open for further replies.