optical illusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
illusion.jpg

notice anything ?

1 and 2 is of the same shade of gray, you can download the photos and test it out under photoshop.....

OMG..
I can't believe it!

After this, I don't trust what I see already...

Originally posted by sinner1974
how to test?

either use the "dropper" to check the values of the RGB

or just do a cut and paste,

cut out pieces of A & B and put them together...

Very, very interesting... this is truly one of the most amazing optical illusion figures I've ever seen. So much for our eyes' built-in color balance/curves functions.... :what:

i just had to do it for myself... still have trouble believing my eyes when i dragged square A next to B in PS... :what:

Nice. :eek: Another way to see that they are the same without using photoshop is to use your hand with your fingers curled up into a tube, put it over the A square to isolate and look at it. Do the same for the B square.

Originally posted by rueyloon
illusion.jpg

notice anything ?

1 and 2 is of the same shade of gray, you can download the photos and test it out under photoshop.....

Wow, at first I thought it was a typo comparing 1 and 2 (or A and B).

Truly amazing!

Do you know of any website that have more of these optical illusions?

Thx,
Jeffery

You can also print it and then use a scissor to cut both A & B squares out and then match them.

no leh... is it my monitor not calibrated properly or what.... even if i cover the squares individually, they still look diff colour leh....
also, if use PS, it indicates that they squares have diff amount of RGB or CMYK leh...

paiseh... i neber read instructions... :embrass:

i was comparing between other squares and not square A n B... :confused: :embrass:

Hi

tsk tsk tsk..........RL, this image is copyrighted - u should have at least credited the university professor or link the image from his website instead of hosting it from your own site. His original site also contain the explanation for the illusion :)

Here's the original link.

The explanation for the illusion can be found here

anyway this image was brought up in 2 separate threads (one of which unfortunately can no longer be viewed :( ) in the Photo.net forums last month.

Here's one of them:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003pQU

It's interesting to note the different cultures of the 2 forums - in Photo.net, both threads spawn extensive discussions in relation to the different ways of metering and deriving correct exposures in light of the deception contained in the image.

Over here in CS, the topic is listed under Banal Talk, and the discussion is more "fun" and a tad less serious, with no attempt to relate the illusion to actual photography :)

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

tsk tsk tsk..........RL, this image is copyrighted - u should have at least credited the university professor or link the image from his website instead of hosting it from your own site. His original site also contain the explanation for the illusion :)

sry to the owner :|

I saw this from a Mac forum, didn't have another infomation on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.