OpTech Strap Sap Catch Secure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgoh

Jan 25, 2003
Hi,

Have recently converted to OpTech's camera straps for the increased comfort level.

Loved the snap catch quick disconnect idea. However, is there a chance of the snap catch becoming undone on itself own. What are your experiences on this?
Any remedy to prevent this?

chgoh

No one have any comments?

I have one as well and I used to wonder what if the catch could accidently be released. To put myself at ease, I ran some thread around the catch so that it could not be pressed to ensure that it will not release under all circumstances.

Leongfm said:
I have one as well and I used to wonder what if the catch could accidently be released. To put myself at ease, I ran some thread around the catch so that it could not be pressed to ensure that it will not release under all circumstances.

Recently, bought some double sided Velcro from a DIY shop. Would be
using the velcro to secure the snap catchs just in case.

chgoh

The last 2 replies got me puzzled ...

Leongfm ... if you "disable" the snap-lock feature, wouldn't it be better to buy a similar strap without the quick releases ? Seems to be nullifying the purpose of the design.

Chgoh ... how would you use the velcro ? I can't figure out where you'd attach it.

BTW, I do have the Optech strap (2 of them, in fact), and even though I do have visions of them coming undone at the quick release at unfortunate moments, so far (more than 2 years) they've held up ok. And it's good to be able to snap off the main load-bearing strap when I put my cameras into the electric drybox.

ericp said:
Chgoh ... how would you use the velcro ? I can't figure out where you'd attach it.

Where the snap catches are attached to the strap, there would be an eyelet. Those would be the slots where you put the velcro through.

The velcro I'm refering to is the double sided type (if one could call it that), i.e. hooks on one side mesh on the other. Once the velcro is threaded through the eyelets, it would stick to itself, wrapping around the snap catches! No more worries.

Hope this explains it!

chgoh

I wanted to buy a strap with non-slip feature and the models I could find with this feature were those with the quick releases. So I bought one but disabled the quick release. :D

FM

anyone knows where to get the optech strap or similar ones for bags? (not the camera ones)
or the camera ones can use for bag? help anyone? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.