optech camera bag strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewSCL

Apr 22, 2002
Central
any ideas is the above good?
Heard froom a friend that it helps to reduce the wait of the camera bag and its very comfortable to carry? :dunno:

anyone can help?

I just bought a optech cam strap, but i guess it works the same way as the cam bag strap. the spongy area is supposed to make it lighter. for me, i replaced nikon strap with the optech, and indeed there is a difference. feels much more comfortable. go get it. its only 30 bucks. :) But the last time i went, CP did not have the stock.

I @@....thanks for the info... :D
not sure y but i find the original 300AW strap not fitting with my shoulder...very uncomfortable

MatthewSCL said:
any ideas is the above good?
Heard froom a friend that it helps to reduce the wait of the camera bag and its very comfortable to carry? :dunno:

anyone can help?

Not familiar with the Optech camera bag strap. Take a look at the Eagle Creek strap, there are 2 sizes. One of them may fit you. Shoulder strap is well padded and comfortable.

I bought mine from a shop at Funan selling bags (the larger size, S$16/-). Shop located at level 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly) just at the escalator at the end nearer to the Central Fire Stn side of the building.

I replaced my 300AW strap with the Optech strap and I never looked back since.

It's a great strap that reduces the weight of your load (physicists will argue about the effective DISTRIBUTION of load). Only minor issue I have is that the Optech clips are plastic.

BTW, i've been using it almost every weekend for the past 3 years. It has lasted me through weddings and jungle trekking (yes, i string it across my chest and hook the 300AW with waterbottle and extra pouch for insect repellent, knife, torch, small first-aid kit - and inside my 300AW are f5 body, 2 lenses, film, cleaning kit and a rolled up T-shirt, and trash that I forgot to clear) ---- and OPtech is still strong and comfy!

Go get it... it feels like the Nike 'Boing-boing' shoes of Camera Bag Straps! :p

jut buy buy buy.,.....

using it since 2002.. and nvr or rather can't be bothered abt the original one.

The thing is, it elastic so .. hmm.. hard to say.. go SEED .. I bring then let you test test lor

thanks everyone for the inputs....cos i am getting shorter and shorter carrying heavy loads..hahhahaha...need some strap to release

else always a a shoulder bigger then the other (SWOLLEN mah)..hahhaha :)

which 1 is better? the SOS or the Bag Strap?

Bagsos1.JPG

MatthewSCL said:
thanks everyone for the inputs....cos i am getting shorter and shorter carrying heavy loads..hahhahaha...need some strap to release

yo bro! optech is much more comfortable than the stock lowepro strap. but bottomline is, if u gonna b lugging the heavy bag ard the whole day (or half a day at dat), it'll still hurt yr shoulder. :bsmilie: only dat it takes longer 2 do so.

another thing u gotta take note. if u happen 2 run ard a lot with the bag; the optech strap is very "springy". hence yr bag will boucne quite a bit.

overall its a good buy if u're not carrying the bag for extended periods of time.

hope this helps! ;)

can anyone share where to get optech cam strap and bag strap? :blah:
cheap lobang have a not?

My cameras all use Optech straps. I also use it for Street Reporter 500 AW camera bag. You will feel the difference. Cathay Photo should hav it

MatthewSCL said:

If your bags heavy, perhaps you can try a backpack instead. Problem with backpacks is that you can't have quick access to your stuff. So if that's not an issue, consider it.

there might be other brand one but similar to the optec build. check out TCW at Peninsular shopping ctr level 3.

anybody knows if mscolor have stock for the bag strap & cam strap? or mayb if CP at marina have? cos only 2 timing i have is either tomorrow evening go buy at mscolor b4 class, or go to CP on sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.