Opinions: What do you think about Photography in CS today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed.CJ

Aug 16, 2006
Queen Astrid Park
Hey guys, decided to come up with this thread after my little tour around Club Snap. I certainly do see many models shoot coming up in the Outings, Gathering and Events section. Some of the themes there are rather fresh and different from the contemporary pose type of shoots.

This place is definitely bustling with events for the fellow photographers with such a large pool of models and talents, be it little children or young adults. However, there seem to be many models of the female sex rather than the males..

Personally, I am a model with an international agency, but stopped for a while as i need to serve my NS. I have seen some of the local male models and they are certainly not bad and can equally be on par with the females. Are our males really that lousy?

Following next.. We see lots of nudes, lingeries.. Just the normal type of shoot where the girls dress in a skimpy way, pose and shoot. Practically it's just babes showing themselves rather liberally. Why is that the photographers here gets so "high" over it. Hmmm. Isn't Asia a rather conservative place. Why should this type of shoots be promoted so widely?

Hope i have said nothing offensive to any of you. Just an observation.. Wish to hear you guys comment and give your opinions on this. ;)

Ed.CJ said:
Hey guys, decided to come up with this thread after my little tour around Club Snap. I certainly do see many models shoot coming up in the Outings, Gathering and Events section. Some of the themes there are rather fresh and different from the contemporary pose type of shoots.

This place is definitely bustling with events for the fellow photographers with such a large pool of models and talents, be it little children or young adults. However, there seem to be many models of the female sex rather than the males..

Personally, I am a model with an international agency, but stopped for a while as i need to serve my NS. I have seen some of the local male models and they are certainly not bad and can equally be on par with the females. Are our males really that lousy?

Following next.. We see lots of nudes, lingeries.. Just the normal type of shoot where the girls dress in a skimpy way, pose and shoot. Practically it's just babes showing themselves rather liberally. Why is that the photographers here gets so "high" over it. Hmmm. Isn't Asia a rather conservative place. Why should this type of shoots be promoted so widely?

Hope i have said nothing offensive to any of you. Just an observation.. Wish to hear you guys comment and give your opinions on this. ;)

R u a photographer or model??

guys -90% prefer to shoot females...10% prefer to shoot something else?
:bsmilie:

not sure but i guess the dominant number of photographers are male. I agree with geno guys tend to shoot female models.

GENO said:
R u a photographer or model??

guys -90% prefer to shoot females...10% prefer to shoot something else?
:bsmilie:

Hey there. I am a model with an international agency. ;) Just dropping by here to take a look out of curiousity. I see, they prefer shooting ladies and why is that so? :D

vendeta said:
not sure but i guess the dominant number of photographers are male. I agree with geno guys tend to shoot female models.

Yes. I do agree that most of the photographers here are males. So... Opposite sex attracts or is it they feel inferior to the male models that they don't even want to give it a shot? ;)

Ed.CJ said:
Yes. I do agree that most of the photographers here are males. So... Opposite sex attracts or is it they feel inferior to the male models that they don't even want to give it a shot? ;)

Is that what you think? That photogs feel inferior to male models?

Give me a man, and I will make images of man.

Ed.CJ said:

I don't want to sound rude but using the word "inferior" might be a little harsh to some of the photographers here :D :nono: Beside there are only few model male I see here in CS... *newbie here i might be wrong*

Ed.CJ said:

ASIA conservative? Where have you been?:p

S*X sells.......:bsmilie:

CS is dominantly male species......about 80%-90% and about 60%-70% CS members are in IT related industry.:sweatsm:

Pro Image said:
ASIA conservative? Where have you been?:p

S*X sells.......:bsmilie:

CS is dominantly male species......about 80%-90% and about 60%-70% CS members are in IT related industry.:sweatsm:

Well. I am still here, alive and well. Correction, it would be, Singapore is more or less more conservative as compared. We can't even beat Thailand. Well, if sex sells, than where's photography? Might as well visit the Red Light District. Oh yes... The ones in Western Areas would be more thrilling than Singapore. :D

catchlights said:
Here we go again,

err, when is the last time a similar discussion like this, two months or six weeks ago?

Come on, it is just a friendly discussion. You take it as though a war is going to happen. Relax! Cheers! ;)

Ed.CJ said:
Personally, I am a model with an international agency, but stopped for a while as i need to serve my NS

Ed.CJ said:
Hey there. I am a model with an international agency. ;) Just dropping by here to take a look out of curiousity. I see, they prefer shooting ladies and why is that so? :D

Yes, I know you are a model with an international agency :bsmilie: Thanks for the reminder ...:bsmilie:

Ed.CJ said:
Come on, it is just a friendly discussion. You take it as though a war is going to happen. Relax! Cheers! ;)

no, no, no,

you got it wrong liao, this is not a war,

is just another super bo liao topic only.

should find something better to do.

anyway, maybe you find it is very interesting, so I think just let it be lor.

you looking in the wrong sub forum lah.

Should look at "services" sub-forum. ;)

Ed.CJ said:
Well. I am still here, alive and well. Correction, it would be, Singapore is more or less more conservative as compared. We can't even beat Thailand. Well, if sex sells, than where's photography? Might as well visit the Red Light District. Oh yes... The ones in Western Areas would be more thrilling than Singapore. :D

Well you did mention "ASIA" and did not specifically mention Singapore.

When I say SEX SELLS does not mean the red light district area lar about going to look for a prostitute. Is that all you can think of?

It's more like a general term lar. Women has always been projected as an object to some men (NO OFFENCE to the WOMEN OUT THERE). So if you are in a male dominant website, you don't expect them to shoot more male models than women. So women in bikinis, nude and lingerie shoots sells......not men.

Why would the male species want pay to shoot another male? I would not shoot unless it's paid job.

Where is photography? It has always been here all the time capturing babes in action.

You are a male model in an international agency, which one is it? Please share your photos and experience with us. There are still some members in CS would love shooting males.......hehe.....THEY LOVE SHOOTING MALE MODELS.........:sweat:

maestrolik said:
Yes, I know you are a model with an international agency :bsmilie: Thanks for the reminder ...:bsmilie:

I don't wish to remind but one of the members asked so i had to repeat. This is a form of politeness. Afterall, i am a gentleman. ;)

catchlights said:
no, no, no,

you got it wrong liao, this is not a war,

is just another super bo liao topic only.

should find something better to do.

anyway, maybe you find it is very interesting, so I think just let it be lor.

Well. A waste of time. Nah. I doubt so. Maybe it doesn't interest of you belong to the category that just goes for babes? hmmmm.

CYRN said:
you looking in the wrong sub forum lah.

Should look at "services" sub-forum. ;)

Wrong forum? I am not looking for services. I am seeking opinions. Please read before you reply. :cool:

Ed.CJ said:
Wrong forum? I am not looking for services. I am seeking opinions. Please read before you reply. :cool:

yeah.. I've read.

It sounds like you dun like being left out of those organised model shoots.

Mabbe you like to try organising some MALE model shoots to balance the scale. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.