Opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybmtnt

Feb 26, 2006
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Well folks,

Here it is. My FIRST posting of photos taken with my brand spanking new Canon EOS Rebel Digital XT with a Canon Zoom EF 28-90mm 1:4-5.6 III Lens. I did not trust myself to shoot with the settings on manual, so all were taken on full Auto.

These are photos of the 2006 Trinidad Carnival, February 27 & 28. The link below is of my homepage at www.webshots.com where you'll fine 2 albums. The Carnival 2006 taken with the Rebel XT, and another of Iguanas in a coconut tree in my back yard taken a couple years back with a Fuji FinePix 2600Z P&S.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ybmtnt

Look forward to hearing what y'all have to say.
Canon Zoom EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III USM Telephoto Lens
Canon Zoom EF 28-90mm 1:4-5.6 III Lens
Speedlite 430EX Flash
BG-E3 Battery Grip & NB-2LH (3 of them)
ACK-E2 AC Adapter
Sandisk 1GB CF & Lexar 1GB 80x Pro Series CF Cards
Lexar USB2 Multi-Card Reader
2 Tripods
Canon SLR Camera Bag

The colours are a bit flat... given this is a colourful festival, some contrast and saturation tweaks will help bring out the colours...

(And you must hold the record for having the longest forum signature... a bit kua zhang le... batteries and bags also listed :bsmilie: )

Looks pretty good acutally but i'd suggest against posting full res pics on the web with out some form of watermark :D

philliptan said:
The colours are a bit flat... given this is a colourful festival, some contrast and saturation tweaks will help bring out the colours...

(And you must hold the record for having the longest forum signature... a bit kua zhang le... batteries and bags also listed :bsmilie: )
Bro...he frm Spain(or Trinidad) leh..I dun think he understand ''Kua Zhang".:bsmilie: ...
I also notice lots of europeans like to have long Signatures.....u can check out the european forums..

Dude

Most of ur photos seems that e participants posing for u. I dont feel much of the whole carnival thingy fm someone who wasnt there to witness it 1st hand. Try to show e carnival in your own views/perpestives. Tink it will be more outstanding.

Just my opinion tho.

wow..

it looks hapeening there..

when will u be shooting manual, or semi then?..

Hola! Bienvenido a clubsnap. Me illamo isaiah, y tengo veinte un anos. como estas? ;p

you speak spanish? hehe. i think its a good capture. but how come u have the 28-90 lens? and i think this el cheapo 28-90 'kit lens' gives pretty good output

Status
Not open for further replies.