Opinions about Pentax Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,
was at CP the other day and saw this ultra mini camera, found tt it was a Pentax, havent even heard of the brand :embrass:

any comments on the Optio series? seems like its a real compact cam to have around. hows the picture quality?

thanks for any inputs!

wainism said:
hi,
was at CP the other day and saw this ultra mini camera, found tt it was a Pentax, havent even heard of the brand :embrass:

any comments on the Optio series? seems like its a real compact cam to have around. hows the picture quality?

thanks for any inputs!

You had never heard of Pentax before :what: .... amazing ....... I heard of Pentax before I even heard of Minolta :D

dun mind me saying, but i think you need to do a lot more homework yourself instead of just asking at the forums whenever you have a question. ;p

frcfyp said:
dun mind me saying, but i think you need to do a lot more homework yourself instead of just asking at the forums whenever you have a question. ;p

yeah i know.. :embrass:

just that i am having my exams now, and i dont really have the time to read up or try my shooting.

and i m leaving for Bangkok 1 day after my exams, that y i wish to gather some info abt photography cos its gonna be big on my agenda while i am there.

as for some of my other questions, regarding experiences here and there, i think i need some human inputs? :dunno:

really sorry if i have seemed like a leech or something :embrass:

and real greateful to those who replied

Pentax makes good cam :thumbsup:

wainism said:
hi,

thanks for any inputs!

You can't really expect very good quality from Compact, but it is good enough :D

I have an Optio S40. personally I think it is 'fine' comparing with other brands with the similar spec. Of coz how you handle it also have to take into consideration.
You said you never heard about Pentax.. :think: you must be first time dealig with photography..

If anything, Pentax makes some of the best optics around. Some of their SLR lenses have not been met with answers by other major optical manufacturers. Has to be said though, that in recent years their SLR line is suffering from bad sales.

When it comes to compacts, their present technology seems to point them out as the leaders in miniature lenses, with Samsung being the latest in a long line of buyers for their own products. Yes, you'd find Pentax lenses in the latest Samsung camera phones. Other corporations have used or are using Pentax lenses too, some marked, some unmarked.

yes. like the limiteds. 31mm, 43mm, 77mm. and the Takumars.
juz waiting for the the DS before i get my hands on the 43mm & the 77mm.

sad to say. CP does not carry the 31mm. heard it's 1 of e top primes ard.

Status
Not open for further replies.