Opinion on Photofast Strap.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Got one for $25.90 at Expo. So far, i dont see any problems with it. Will bring for events tmw and see how.

250744_10150206800688166_835728165_7106427_3690493_n.jpg

Take note the price is for first 100 though.

Last edited:
Hey guys I also have one of these.. the strap is fixed to the camera using the tripod mount, which allows you to hang the camera when not in use...

Just wondering will this spoil the tripod mount? I'm using a canon 18-200 with body typically and it's quite heavy.. dunno if hanging the camera like that will actually break the tripod mount or not..

Hey guys I also have one of these.. the strap is fixed to the camera using the tripod mount, which allows you to hang the camera when not in use...

Just wondering will this spoil the tripod mount? I'm using a canon 18-200 with body typically and it's quite heavy.. dunno if hanging the camera like that will actually break the tripod mount or not..

Don't worry about spoiling the tripod mount. If you are curious, you can google and read on the relevant mechanical stuff and you will know that it won't fail easily. :) I'm using a black rapid myself.

Last edited:
Don't worry about spoiling the tripod mount. If you are curious, you can google and read on the relevant mechanical stuff and you will know that it won't fail easily. :) I'm using a black rapid myself.

The tripod mount is hardened for use anyway. You just have to be careful to attach the strap to the tripod collar for any lens with one.

Having actually used the strap system, i should have bought one earlier. using it at last weekend events, made life a lot easier that i am considering a 2 camera strap in future.

Having actually used the strap system, i should have bought one earlier. using it at last weekend events, made life a lot easier that i am considering a 2 camera strap in future.

How does it feel compared to black rapid? Build and function wise

alamak didn't know they got a fair, is there any matin straps sold during the fair?
i think so, their booth quite large.
255529_10150206798418166_835728165_7106408_3703706_n.jpg

How does it feel compared to black rapid? Build and function wise

If i was to make the comparison simple, it would be like the china clone of the black rapid which means functionality is similar only that make sure have failsafe just in case.

247895_10150208963198166_835728165_7127773_7374090_n.jpg

253007_10150208963313166_835728165_7127776_6909613_n.jpg

Last edited:
Update on this strap... use it at your own risk. Mine broke at the connection between the carabina and the screw to the tripod mount. In the end my camera fell straight to the ground. Luckily the filter absorbed most of the impact and lens was saved.
Therefore, really use this strap at your own risk.. I wouldn't using this for sometime to come... will maybe get the blackrapid instead of another 'imitation'..

Well i wouldn't expect too much of it since it's sort of like a china brand trying to imitate black rapid.

I would still stick to black rapid. So far it hadn't failed me but it's always nice to have a reassurance of a fail safe.

crystal1993 said:
Well i wouldn't expect too much of it since it's sort of like a china brand trying to imitate black rapid.

I would still stick to black rapid. So far it hadn't failed me but it's always nice to have a reassurance of a fail safe.

True... those using this pls put another carabina just in case.. else you never know when your cam will go crushing down on the floor..

Update on this strap... use it at your own risk. Mine broke at the connection between the carabina and the screw to the tripod mount. In the end my camera fell straight to the ground. Luckily the filter absorbed most of the impact and lens was saved.
Therefore, really use this strap at your own risk.. I wouldn't using this for sometime to come... will maybe get the blackrapid instead of another 'imitation'..

so far mine works just fine. recently used it at comifest as well as pc show with fast lens and flash, no problems. So how was your camera set up and the weight before the "connection" gave way?

Reportage said:
so far mine works just fine. recently used it at comifest as well as pc show with fast lens and flash, no problems. So how was your camera set up and the weight before the "connection" gave way?

Using a 60d with 18-200... it was probably the third time I used this strap... was just standing up when the camera went crashing to the ground.. my filter smashed into pieces but it saved the actual lens.. somemore the filter out of shape so very difficult to remove.. in the end sent to shop to help me out.. whole experience is very depressing.. especially right now I'm overseas.. back to using the original neck strap.. much better security till I get a blackrapid or similar with failsafe..

Using a 60d with 18-200... it was probably the third time I used this strap... was just standing up when the camera went crashing to the ground.. my filter smashed into pieces but it saved the actual lens.. somemore the filter out of shape so very difficult to remove.. in the end sent to shop to help me out.. whole experience is very depressing.. especially right now I'm overseas.. back to using the original neck strap.. much better security till I get a blackrapid or similar with failsafe..

original is still the best =D

original is still the best =D

Using blackrapid with D7000 and sigma 150-500. Works out close to 3kgs. Nothing bad has happened yet, but still paranoid and I usually have my hand under the tripod collar most of the time.
Btw, I got a second black rapid connector and use it as failsafe.

I used a K20D with 75-300mm with Sigma 530 flash without any problems even with the weight. Could be you got a lemon which is unfortunate...anyway thank goodness the damage was light.

Reportage said:
I used a K20D with 75-300mm with Sigma 530 flash without any problems even with the weight. Could be you got a lemon which is unfortunate...anyway thank goodness the damage was light.

Ya.. can't stress enough the importance of a filter for protection... anyway will try to post a picture of the part that went wrong so that others can be more cautious in future..

Last edited:
I think your failsafe fails to be safe. How does that extra carribina helps in fail safe? I thought it is more likely the screw might come out or the metal hinge breaking?

If i was to make the comparison simple, it would be like the china clone of the black rapid which means functionality is similar only that make sure have failsafe just in case.

247895_10150208963198166_835728165_7127773_7374090_n.jpg

253007_10150208963313166_835728165_7127776_6909613_n.jpg