Opinion on Nikkor AF 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
hi all,

i'm thinking of buying a second hand Nikkor AF 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED, just wanted to know if there's anyone here with this lens... any opinions, comments, etc. how's the performance and lens quality? anything to watch out for?

any input is very much appreciated. oh also if anyone is selling this lens, could you post here or PM me? thanks!!! :D

cheers everyone!

Originally posted by firefox13
hi all,

i'm thinking of buying a second hand Nikkor AF 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED, just wanted to know if there's anyone here with this lens... any opinions, comments, etc. how's the performance and lens quality? anything to watch out for?

any input is very much appreciated. oh also if anyone is selling this lens, could you post here or PM me? thanks!!! :D

cheers everyone!

It's one of the best lenses ever produced by Nikon, It's quite large, and there are 3 AF versions, AF, AFn and AFn-D with the AFn-D being the current production model. It's a mind blowing lens in all respects, stunningly sharp and crisp with excellent contrast and bokeh. I find it an excellent lens for portraits and domestic animal photography.

Haweh!!! I reckon the lens is retailing at $1195 at CP. Thinking of that lens too..... But lack of funds....... sadly

:(

Originally posted by NitroTech
Haweh!!! I reckon the lens is retailing at $1195 at CP. Thinking of that lens too..... But lack of funds....... sadly

:(
$1195?!?! fwah!!! thought it was cheaper than that!!! in that case, i might just consider getting a 80-200mm f/2.8D AF... ;p

I'm also aiming that lens. Someone selling 2nd hand one at $830. May go and check it out during the weekend if possible. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by NitroTech
I'm also aiming that lens. Someone selling 2nd hand one at $830. May go and check it out during the weekend if possible. :thumbsup:
which version is it do you know? the one-touch or two-ring model? if it's the two-ring one, that's quite a good price. is this guy selling online?

oh i saw this posting as well!!! yeah it's a good lens, except that it's beyond my budget for the moment. i'm also a bit "itchy backside" lah but i was hoping to get the 2-ring version. not that confident about push-pulling the lens focus and zoom. :D

if want 180mm, buy 2nd hand. There are so many in the 2nd hand market...and not many want this lens because of the 80-200mm zoom. I have a friend selling one 180mm AF version at low price. PM me if interested, I will give you his contact number.

Status
Not open for further replies.