Opinion needed: Repair or not to repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_keow

Oct 8, 2004
Mt Alvernia Hospital
www.pbase.com
I have a sony cybershot 2.0megapixel camera. Recently it has not worked - no pic on LCD and no pic taken when shutter depressed. Brought to Sony service centre in Bishan and was told today that the conversion card has kaput. Replacement and service S$140.

Would you repair or would you chuck the camera away?

TKIA

Not worth to repair.

But you can try to post WTS: Faulty Sony Cybershot 2.0 megapixel Digital Camera at Buy & Sell to try your luck. Sometimes some school students may be interested to get it for the project purpose.

I manage to sell my Powershot 350 (working condition) for $25.

i second megaweb's call.

Time to get a new cam.

(yeah! ;) )

I've got a 2mp Fuji mx500 that is working fine, but the battery cover is spoilt hence cannot close.

But I don't have to make the decision whether to repair or not, because Fuji says it has reached end-of-service, and no space parts available. :dunno:

Didn't you know? All electronic products have been designed with timed self-destruct circuitry in them, so that your camera will go kaput as soon as your warranty expires. That's how they make money from you lah.

Nope, don't repair. With digicams, the technology moves so fast that the same spec camera would cost a lot less, or you'd get more for the money you spend, compared to just a couple of months ago.

Thanks synapse, megaweb, hewolf, ghostpipefish for your advice.

After checking with my CFO, i.e. my dear wife, as well. Not for repair. :cry:

RIP for my cybershot :cry: but time to get another digital cam. WOW! :vhappy:

use it as a paperweight :bsmilie:
eng_keow said:
Thanks synapse, megaweb, hewolf, ghostpipefish for your advice.

After checking with my CFO, i.e. my dear wife, as well. Not for repair. :cry:

RIP for my cybershot :cry: but time to get another digital cam. WOW! :vhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.