Opera 7 is here.


Status
Not open for further replies.

sriram

New Member
Mar 10, 2002
1,253
0
0
#1
Feel IE is too bloated? Netscape too slow? Then here's the browser for you, and it's only a 3MB download.
http://www.opera.com/

Opera 7 beta is out. 6.05 is the latest stable release. Looks like O7 beta is slightly faster than 6.05. Rendering and download speed seems to have improved.

BTW those of you using IE, yet another reason not to use it. Here's (yet another) huge security hole discovered recently:
http://www.jmu.edu/computing/security/info/iehot.shtml
*sigh* mirco$haft will never learn.
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#2
Hmm, I checked it out already.
O7 is kinda of a banner ware - so my question is that will it be even slower?

Based on my previous experiences with banner ware, those programs tend to run slower....
 

Zoomer

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
645
0
0
Singapore
reverac.com
#3
Originally posted by SNAG
Hmm, I checked it out already.
O7 is kinda of a banner ware - so my question is that will it be even slower?

Based on my previous experiences with banner ware, those programs tend to run slower....
No. Even with banners, it blazes pass IE.

Buy it if you like it! For me, the mouse gestures are the best feature.
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by Zoomer


No. Even with banners, it blazes pass IE.

Buy it if you like it! For me, the mouse gestures are the best feature.
Just to ask, what are the mouse gestures?
something like Palm's graffiti, but you use with the mouse?

EDIT:
I've downloaded Opera, and wow!
Just some questions:

1) How do I configure the different proxies for my different dial up connections?
2) Is there any way to allow the new windows to show onto the taskbar instead of now where all the window tags are on top?

3) How do I limit cookies from unauthorized 3rd party servers?
I know that IE6 does restrict them...

Thanks a lot!! And wow, Opera is darn fast!
 

Zoomer

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
645
0
0
Singapore
reverac.com
#5
Originally posted by SNAG


Just to ask, what are the mouse gestures?
something like Palm's graffiti, but you use with the mouse?

EDIT:
I've downloaded Opera, and wow!
Just some questions:

1) How do I configure the different proxies for my different dial up connections?
2) Is there any way to allow the new windows to show onto the taskbar instead of now where all the window tags are on top?

3) How do I limit cookies from unauthorized 3rd party servers?
I know that IE6 does restrict them...

Thanks a lot!! And wow, Opera is darn fast!
1. Dun think u can
2. Yes, Start it in SDI mode
3. File->Prefrences->Privacy
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#6
Originally posted by Zoomer

1. Dun think u can
2. Yes, Start it in SDI mode
3. File->Prefrences->Privacy
Erm, how are you going to start in SDI mode?
I can't seem to find this option...
i unchecked the open windows inside opera workspace.. but to no avail.

Thanks!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom