in there click on "new nested album"
from there u can change the properties, permission, etc of the folder

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
create an account
go to member album
then choose the colour of ur album u want ur folders to reside in
in there click on "new nested album"
from there u can change the properties, permission, etc of the folder
That's what I did...but feel that its really troublesome.

Originally posted by siron
That's what I did...but feel that its really troublesome.

I agree with siron. Not a very user-friendly site. I am having difficulty as well.

OpenLens is a bit confusing to use at first glance. Once you get to know it...there are lots of features you can choose. The uploading pics process (more than one way of uploading pics) is also very easy when u know how to do it.

Take ur time to browse through it. You can always give suggestion to Brian...

do u always have to click on member albums then choose color then choose ur own album? isn't this tedious if u wanna upload pics everytime...i mean should have a option to go directly to ur own album rite.

Originally posted by Mystix
do u always have to click on member albums then choose color then choose ur own album? isn't this tedious if u wanna upload pics everytime...i mean should have a option to go directly to ur own album rite.

There is something calls BOOKMARK.

Perhaps we can give some suggestions on how we want OpenLens to look like and function like...then maybe Brian will change according to our favorite.

Or...is there any other online gallery free for uploading pics and allow leeching?

Originally posted by Mystix

i know u can use that but still that's a fundamental flaw rite.
agreed...
I feel Openlens very retard site... (no offence) I mean the ways of doing things...it's really aiyoh. It like digging ur nose but going round your head then dig ur nose.

agreed...
I feel Openlens very retard site... (no offence) I mean the ways of doing things...it's really aiyoh. It like digging ur nose but going round your head then dig ur nose.
Whatever. There are a few other sites you can use...I just created this one (with my own time and money) for those that needed a place to leech from (unlike tripod, geocities, yahoo, etc...) that was quick (unlike coolconnect) or needed a place to visually secure their picks so that they could be shared with their friends and such without getting served tons of spam or worrying about their privacy.

As this is a hobby of mine and not an actual business I improve things as I have time and the site will continue to evolve.

This is the Internet. If you don't like something, then find somewhere else that meets your needs or invest your own money and create your own. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I'm not surprised...lens or aperture open so big, background so blur one :dent:

offtopic.gif

Originally posted by OpenLens
Whatever. There are a few other sites you can use...I just created this one (with my own time and money) for those that needed a place to leech from (unlike tripod, geocities, yahoo, etc...) that was quick (unlike coolconnect) or needed a place to visually secure their picks so that they could be shared with their friends and such without getting served tons of spam or worrying about their privacy.

As this is a hobby of mine and not an actual business I improve things as I have time and the site will continue to evolve.

This is the Internet. If you don't like something, then find somewhere else that meets your needs or invest your own money and create your own. :rolleyes:

Sorry if you feel offended. I am sorry. Thanks for your time and effort. Maybe you can take suggestions??

Sorry if you feel offended. I am sorry. Thanks for your time and effort. Maybe you can take suggestions??
As anyone who has been with me since I started OpenLens knows, I do take suggestions, but only when they are delivered in the form of a suggestion and not a "this site is retarted" message posted on a forum site somewhere. That's something a 12 year old would do.

I incorporate as many user suggestions as I can when I can find the time to dig into the code. However, because I am becoming more busy with my real job (especially since I just got back from vacation) my time right now is limited. Bug fixes and quirks come first...but expect some major changes to the member albums within the next 3 months or so. Of the major changes I am spending the lions share of time rewriting the navigation to make it more user friendly and less workflow oriented (the way it is now). But like I said, it takes time...

...and keep the constructive comments coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.