Opening RAW in Photoshop 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebblez

Jan 7, 2009
Tampines
I have tried downloading and installed the DNG converters, Camera RAW Plug-in, and have converted my RAW images, but still unable to open the DNG converted files, anyone can troubleshoot for me?

Photoshop 7 is quite old - maybe Adobe did some changes to the DNG format and hence it can't read it.

Try to find maybe an old DNG converter? But again, if you have a new camera your RAW files can't by read by the converter...

What RAW do you shoot? If Canon then use your DPP for conversion, if Nikon look at Capture NX - and then use Photoshop for the rest and what those programs can't do

Good luck

Photoshop's ability to open DNG image files relies on Adobe Camera Raw (ACR), a plug-in which must be placed in a specific sub-folder so Photoshop can find it. However, no version of ACR currently available from Adobe will work on Photoshop 7 which means PS7 can't open or edit any raw files. You would need to upgrade to Photoshop CS3 or CS4 to make use of the ACR plugin. Photoshop Elements (new version) is also compatible with the currently available ACR plug-in but you need to check Adobe's ACR pages which tells you which version of ACR is comptible with which version Photoshop or Elements. But PS7 is definitely no use as far as RAW/DNG work is concerned because current ACR versions don't support it.

btrenkel and pip,

Now i understand, thanks! I'll go upgrade to the CS3/4 ! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.