Opening NEF from D90 in CS2 or CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
Started to realise D90 NEF is not compatible in CS2 and CS3. i used to be able to open D50 NEF in CS2, producing a psd file that is EXACTLY the same as my jpeg output from the camera (i shot in both RAW and jpeg) what is what i wanted.

the window that appears in CS2 appears like this, and which appears to be the same as the original jpeg pic that i can see.

d90problem02.jpg

however, becos now i have to convert D90 NEF into a DNG file before adobe can open the raw file, the raw conversion window now pop up giving me a different color handling. i hereby put up a sample showing the original jpeg file and the RAW conversion in adobe that gives me a different (unwanted) color affecting the skin tone. As can be seen, the original jpeg on the right shows a more rosy and less yellowish forehead, more accurately representing what i want.

d90problem01.jpg

i wonder what can be done in the settings to avoid that? how can i get back the window i showed in the 1st picture?

You are opening a picture in Windows Image and Faxviewer - an application that is not aware of any colour space or colour profile. It will show you whatever it renders based on internal settings or what the programmers have put in.

I'm not sure about CS3, but for CS4, you need to update the Camera Raw in order to read D90's NEF files.

Read this up for Windows platform. v5.1 is for D90, and the lastest v.5.4 is for D5000.

And this for OSX platform, for D5000.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.