Opening a photography business

prehistorik

Nov 12, 2009
Singapore West
hi guys!

recently i just got home here in our city in the philippines, davao city. i came back to attend and help my pregnant wife as she is nearing her due date this september.

recently, the festival of all festivals here in the philippines just concluded. the Kadayawan Festival is unique to our city only. while i was photoshooting during the "indak-indak sa kadalanan" (indigenous street dancing) i learned how many photo enthusiasts have already sprung in our city since i left for singapore last 2008. it includes both local photographers and foreign, even some are singaporeans.

just recently i try to search for shops or stores here in davao city philippines (both online and going to malls) and i found out that there only a few shops that have established business here in photography. as i search the web i found out that most of the concerns of dslr-wanna-be-owners here in my city is the brand and unit availability, price, freebies and warranty availability. some i've heard they were able to buy a cheap price but with no warranty included as some have bought with warranty at a very much expensive price.

with all these handy info, i would like to ask or maybe propose a bit from you if you could help me establish a business partnership in photography here.

im just asking hints or tips from you if its possible for me to establish a business partnership with you there as a supplier to the brand or units i would be selling here.

to the administrator, please do not consider this thread as a spam as i dont have the intention to make a scam here nor would like to promote smuggling. my intention is sincere and that is just asking if this one is possible. thank you so much!

hi guys!

recently i just got home here in our city in the philippines, davao city. i came back to attend and help my pregnant wife as she is nearing her due date this september.

recently, the festival of all festivals here in the philippines just concluded. the Kadayawan Festival is unique to our city only. while i was photoshooting during the "indak-indak sa kadalanan" (indigenous street dancing) i learned how many photo enthusiasts have already sprung in our city since i left for singapore last 2008. it includes both local photographers and foreign, even some are singaporeans.

just recently i try to search for shops or stores here in davao city philippines (both online and going to malls) and i found out that there only a few shops that have established business here in photography. as i search the web i found out that most of the concerns of dslr-wanna-be-owners here in my city is the brand and unit availability, price, freebies and warranty availability. some i've heard they were able to buy a cheap price but with no warranty included as some have bought with warranty at a very much expensive price.

with all these handy info, i would like to ask or maybe propose a bit from you if you could help me establish a business partnership in photography here.

im just asking hints or tips from you if its possible for me to establish a business partnership with you there as a supplier to the brand or units i would be selling here.

to the administrator, please do not consider this thread as a spam as i dont have the intention to make a scam here nor would like to promote smuggling. my intention is sincere and that is just asking if this one is possible. thank you so much!

why dun u hook up with the respective canon/nikon distributors? even local shops have to get their stocks from them. even if u do get stocks from sg shops, will sg warranty work over there? i'm not sure if its international warranty in the first place. many things to factor such as ur fixed costs, variable costs. is there a market for dslrs in ur country? at least in the area where u stay. how much are they willing to pay? etc etc etc.