Open Eyes before Jaywalking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
my friend just got caught on Sunday for jaywalking around penisula area (fav photog hang out).

The cops (MANY COPS) hid behind a big truck and pounce on the group of jaywalkers all at one go.

Save money.. don't lead the jaywalk.. or better still (not to sound too pro-gov't) don't jaywalk

mm..i don't think anyone actually close their eyes while jaywalking ... or even just plain walking, for that matter :bsmilie:

k k, cold joke for a cold nite :sweatsm:

How much your friend got fine? :think:

er, i thot we are supposed to be obedient and use the traffic lights? :angel:

ok will take note not to jaywalk anymore on orchard road XD

i don't know if you are refering to the same place, but i believe you are refering to the big main road outside City Hall mrt station, along Capitol where Breadtalk is?

that reminded me of an incident that happened there a few months back. it was a hectic morning and everybody was rushing to work. we were all standing by the kerb, waiting for the traffic light to turn red and then jaywalk across the road.

so happens there was this lady beside me. she seemed to be in a big rush and dashed across the road the moment the traffic stopped. but what she failed to notice was this foreign worker who came from the right riding a bicycle! he managed to 'siam' her, but in the process, causing her to drop her files and her documents went flying all over the place.

the foreign worker continued riding on (lol!!) being the kind soul, i helped her collect her scattered documents. so happens there was this car turning from the right into our lane at this moment. she didn't notice the car as she was too busy retrieving her papers.

luckily, the car was traveling at a slow speed, and was able to stop quite a distance from us, waiting patiently for us (he waited quite a while actually). at this moment in time, she looked up and saw the car, and gave off the most hysterical scream as if she was about to be knocked down :bigeyes: i tell you it was hilarious!! :bsmilie: i couldn't help but laugh.

erm..ok..so what is the morality of this story?

(never jaywalk? :nono: )

Paul_Yeo said:
er, i thot we are supposed to be obedient and use the traffic lights? :angel:

be obedient? to who? i would have thought that one thinks about one's safety first and the safety of others.

police presence or not, we still have to open your eyes when we cross the road :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Did the police fine the illegal parking vehicles as well?

i wonder how much would my latest parking offence would cost me, cos my fren saw the 'summoner' take out my previous offence & he actually issue me another plasticy piece without the amount...

and i actually applaud the move to fine the jaywalker, as i have recently almost run over a pedestrain who tried to cross my path when i am making a right turn in a jam... (its a 1 way street...) lucky i never press down my accelerator... *note... never ever cross infront of a vehicle making a turn out, cos most likely they are viewing the oncoming traffic and will not notice the pedestrain on their right.

yanyewkay said:
my friend just got caught on Sunday for jaywalking around penisula area (fav photog hang out).

The cops (MANY COPS) hid behind a big truck and pounce on the group of jaywalkers all at one go.

Save money.. don't lead the jaywalk.. or better still (not to sound too pro-gov't) don't jaywalk
The area around PP is condusive to jaywalking because the roads are very wide and at times (esp off-peak) there are long period of "no-car" situation. I am very sure most of us are guilty coz it looks damn silly to wait for the traffic light (sometimes beri long) to change when the whole road is empty of vehicles and at times you see so many ppl just cross the road and you are left alone, and sometimes you are really in a hurry, etc ..... but i think we better don't jaywalk now as our bonus this year is going to be bad again....
save the fines to buy ourself a good lens...

about 2 pedestrians die every wk. regardless if u jaywalk or use traffic lights, have to be aware of the roads. i've a friend who got knocked down a bus stop (he was on the pavement at the busstop). alas, he was day dreaming, hence din notice the vehicle approaching.

just more careful than you ought to be.

togu said:
Damn, and where's that lazy streetshooter when we need him? :p
Hehe..
Imagine one group of police camping behind a truck (counterstrike style), and another group of photographer camping behind the pillars of the bus stop. Both groups waiting for the magic moment to pounce out! It would have been a sight man... :D

didn't know they bothered to fine jaywalkers.. if they camp at particular location outside peninsular. I think they can earn their pays within 1 day :bsmilie:

the police should be at little india on a weekend night.
the cars there have to give way to pedestrians when they jaywalk. :sweat:
I NEVER drive on serangoon road on a weekend. :nono:

Funny, i got caught for jaywalking at the same spot about 15 years ago. Same scenario, two cops hide somewhere, pounced out when the jaywalkers reached the other side. Still remember one indignant jaywalker argueing very loudly with the equally fierce lady cop. The fine was $50, and yep, he paid up. i got away with just a booking - was a student then.

ST1100 said:
Funny, i got caught for jaywalking at the same spot about 15 years ago. Same scenario, two cops hide somewhere, pounced out when the jaywalkers reached the other side. Still remember one indignant jaywalker argueing very loudly with the equally fierce lady cop. The fine was $50, and yep, he paid up. i got away with just a booking - was a student then.

15 years ago.. 50 bucks seem very big... wonder how much is the fine now... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.