OP Tech USA straps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
I went to CP yesterday to get my GFLSII when i stopped upon this OP Tech USA strap for cameras, bags and tripods. One thing which attracted my attention is that it claimed to reduce the weights as much as 50% and makes you feel 100% comfortable.

Anyone owns the OP Tech USA strap? It seems to cure many photographer's weight issue.

I went to CP yesterday to get my GFLSII when i stopped upon this OP Tech USA strap for cameras, bags and tripods. One thing which attracted my attention is that it claimed to reduce the weights as much as 50% and makes you feel 100% comfortable.

Anyone owns the OP Tech USA strap? It seems to cure many photographer's weight issue.
can't do without it! it really helps. your neck and shoulders will definitely benefit from the 'weight reduction'. ordinary straps will just 'cut' into your meat

can't do without it! it really helps. your neck and shoulders will definitely benefit from the 'weight reduction'. ordinary straps will just 'cut' into your meat

Thanks sterobox. Perhaps you might like to give us indepth details regarding the strap?;)

Thanks sterobox. Perhaps you might like to give us indepth details regarding the strap?;)
things like straps don't need in-depth details lah, it's just a strap :bsmilie:

it works as it says, takes pressure off your shoulders and neck. ordinary straps just pull on you with the camera's full weight, the Optechs redistribute the weight over a larger area. the sponge and the 'stretchy,springy' feel helps, too.

try it for yourself. if you like what u feel, get it.

Been using one since the early 1990s for my camera. Not too sure if it's the same model, but no regrets getting it.

Didnt know it has this functions..
Have a red and a black one lying around at home free fr previous purchase, but i dont use straps anyway :)

OP Tech straps really gives your camera a lighter feel.
It works like a car suspension, giving the user a better "ride" when your camera bounces around. Washable too.
It is defintely worth it..Get one, you won't regret it.

Didnt know it has this functions..
Have a red and a black one lying around at home free fr previous purchase, but i dont use straps anyway :)

xc pic, dont let it collect dust mah~ sell to me mah;)

Been using Optech Pro Loop since I started using DSLR..
All the original strap that come with the DSLR CMI, thus it stay in the box and always
brand new when I sold the DSLR..:cool:

Why? CP sells the straps. Can you get a lot of savings through an MO?

xc pic, dont let it collect dust mah~ sell to me mah;)

erm i dont think you want used straps..

But seriously i think that for camera not really a big diff..

im quite used to 20D with grip and 70-200 f2.8L IS

or D200 with grip, 17-35 and SB800...

I would like weight reduction on tripod or bag though.

Just wondering, can it make m16 or SAR21 easier to carry? :bsmilie:

#1, yes, I have three for my cameras, one for my metz 60 flash
#2, no, it will not help photographers weight problem, I still over weight
#3, no, it wouldn't reduce the camera weight, if camera + lens + flash =3kg, it will still weigh 3kg after atteching the strap.

But, it does make photographers very comfortable to sling camera for long hours, I don't have any problem to sling a D200+MB200+17~55+SB800+LSII PJ for a whole day wedding shoot, very much better then using the orginal Nikon wide strap.

AM a happy user of the straps for more then 10 years and STILL using them. That is how good they are. The claim of weight is due to the way the strap is made and material used for the portion that wraps around your neck. It is made of a generously broad neoprene sponge with an elastic lining sew over it.

This spongy effect from the broad piece of neoprene and elastic band tend to "stretch" alittle as the weight of the camera/lens bears down on it. So it feels like the camera is floating when you place it over your neck or shoulder. Not a lot!... but enough to make your D/SLR feel "lighter". I have used that on my former rock heavy F4s and F5 and it is comfy even with a 70-200mm zoom.

It is very durable too as I treat them really rough and I sweat a lot when I trek around town shooting. The neoprene is still soft and supple though the elastic bands has harden abit but still holds together very well. Another good thing is they use those clip-lock mechanism near both ends of the strap. So you can unclip them to take off the neck strap portion and use it more conveniently when mounted for shooting on a tripod. Small price to pay for a great product in my view. MO or no MO. And as a disclaimer I have no share in CP nor OP Tech US :). Everytime I buy a new camera body...the puny straps that comes with Nikon is always thrashed away in favour or this strap.

#1, yes, I have three for my cameras, one for my metz 60 flash
#2, no, it will not help photographers weight problem, I still over weight
#3, no, it wouldn't reduce the camera weight, if camera + lens + flash =3kg, it will still weigh 3kg after atteching the strap.

But, it does make photographers very comfortable to sling camera for long hours, I don't have any problem to sling a D200+MB200+17~55+SB800+LSII PJ for a whole day wedding shoot, very much better then using the orginal Nikon wide strap.

lol thanks for the insight. will consider if it's really useful but i'm more of a grip person as well. the neck strap really comes in my way when i shoot animals -.-

what's the prices like at CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.