OP Tech USA straps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, can it make m16 or SAR21 easier to carry? :bsmilie:

Use UpStrap then, got kevlar built in! (Takes 600 pounds)

www.upstrap.com

kevlar_l.gif

i had mine for 3,4 years now...been through a f100, then d100 and now a d80. the only sign of wear is the faded text on the strap. if you haven't seen or used one before....what the heck are u waiting for? =)

i had mine for 3,4 years now...been through a f100, then d100 and now a d80. the only sign of wear is the faded text on the strap. if you haven't seen or used one before....what the heck are u waiting for? =)

money to flow into my bank in the meantime :heart: happy new yr guys~!

money to flow into my bank in the meantime :heart: happy new yr guys~!
once u tried one, you'll find it hard to go back to those 'normal' straps. it will last you a loong way.

i believe they have straps for bags, too. but i think it works bests on cameras. the 'bouncy, stretchy' effect may be too much for bags which tend to have heavier loads.

Op Tech works great for medium weight items, but once your bag goes heavier, such as a fully laden Lowepro Stealth Reporter 400 onwards, the bouncy effect actually tire the shoulders more. I'm currently using the Eagle Creek strap, available at those backpackers store. I remember its cheaper than Op Tech and more comfortable as well, maybe because it's wider. Maybe you guys can try that out :)

Will check this strap out very soon! The Nikon strap of my D80 simply does not feel comfortable on my neck. :sweat:

It works as advertised. You do get the feeling that the camera is a little lighter because any extra sudden force from swinging or bouncing of the camera is dissipated by the elasticity of the strap rather than transmitted directly to your neck. The strap is also broader and more padded than the usual camera strap. There are also quick-release clips so that you can remove the strap quickly (but there will still be two small straps connected to your camera).

The downside is that the strap is much bulkier than that usual camera strap, and I find it gets in the way and is rather annoying when putting the camera into a bag or when using the camera without the strap around my neck (it hangs down instead). For this reason I seldom used the strap, and it was no loss to me when I left it behind in a hotel room some time ago.

My personal preference is not to use any strap, because it allows much more freedom of movement in wielding the camera. I'm much more comfortable holding the camera in my hand, and keeping it back in the bag when I'm not using it. If I need a strap, I usually use my Nikon one (which is a very thin strap that came with a second-hand Canon SLR I bought a long time ago - go figure).

My personal preference is not to use any strap, because it allows much more freedom of movement in wielding the camera. I'm much more comfortable holding the camera in my hand, and keeping it back in the bag when I'm not using it. If I need a strap, I usually use my Nikon one (which is a very thin strap that came with a second-hand Canon SLR I bought a long time ago - go figure).

I do agree that without any strap, there is much freedom. However, there is a risk of accidentally slipping the camera away from the hand! :eek: So i find that, putting a strap around your neck will prevent your camera from dropping.

for me, i unclip the strap for storage separately when i put the camera back in the bag. the idea of sweaty straps mingling with my other stuff irks me =P it would be troublesome to do the same with 'traditional' straps.

yes, most of the time i appreciate the 'flexibility' of having the camera free in your hand rather than being restrained by the strap around the neck. so what i do is i wrap the strap around my wrists. even if the camera slips, the strap is still there to hold it back.

never had any trouble with this 'system' so far =)

CP is selling @ $32 at front from the salesman. Actually, I believe the 'real' price should be abit lower.

Is CP the sole distributor for OP/tech?

Btw, upstrap(where can we find it?) and Eagle Creek strap offer par level of 'comfort' or even better?

I'm planning to get 1, but there are so many brands available. I'm confused with these straps.

Please advise how does martin strap perform against optech?

CP is selling @ $32 at front from the salesman. Actually, I believe the 'real' price should be abit lower.

Is CP the sole distributor for OP/tech?

Btw, upstrap(where can we find it?) and Eagle Creek strap offer par level of 'comfort' or even better?

should be aro 50% of the retail and am using this..

medium_XEP-bY3acl.jpg

a lot better, less bouncier and more comfortable

Any advice on where I would be able to get the matin strap and its pricing?:)

should be aro 50% of the retail and am using this..

Yup, the salesman deflate about 50% from the 'sticker price'. Sometimes, i have to ask for e-quote before i dare to venture into CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.