oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ileaf

Mar 28, 2004
Reservoir
hey guys,

i think my luck just stopped there...
looking through the viewfinder of my maxxum 7, found some "dust", most likely coming from the mirror.
it won't affect the pictures, but it really doesn't feel good. :cry: :cry: :cry:
i tried to blow it away "gentlely" but couldn't get rid of it.
didn't try anything further as heard from someone it's better not to touch the mirror part...

i got it from US, with 1year international warranty, do you think minolta SG service center will clean it for free?
or u guys got any tips how to get rid of dust/particles on mirror?

edited: add in camera model.

ileaf said:
hey guys,

looking through the viewfinder of my maxxum 7, found some "dust", most likely coming from the mirror.
it won't affect the pictures, but it really doesn't feel good. :cry: :cry: :cry:
didn't try anything further as heard from someone it's better not to touch the mirror part...

i got it from US, with 1year international warranty, do you think minolta SG service center will clean it for free?

My poor friend :sweat: ...

Vivian, check it out...

ileaf said:
hey guys,

try blower??

If you can see dust on your viewfinder and couldn't blow them off, then its probably on the focussing screen, not the mirror.

If the Maxxum 7 has a removeable screen, then remove it carefully and blow the dust off. If not, send it to Minolta. I must warn you that you might risk getting more dust specks when your camera return. Its a double edge sword.

ileaf said:
hey guys,

think with the 1 yr international warranty, Minolta Singapore has to warrant it, but I think dust cleaning on viewfinder isn't covered under it.

Your dust is most probably from the view finder then the mirror.

anyway, don't try to clean it, I had tried once to clean my old 700si, and it ended up with a leaking LCD on viewfinder, and the dust is still there. If it is not affecting the picture, leave it.

hi guys, thanks for the advice.
hm, mostly will bring it to minolta SG and see what they say.
hopefully they can settle it.
if not, probably have to live with it...

thanks guys...

just to let u guys know, i went to minolta SG this afternoon, they helped to clear away those dust. FOC.

just to add on, they are really very friendly! another reason which joining minolta is a wise move! ;)

Hieee Ileaf....

Great News that they helped you out. So afr my personal experiences in Minolta Service Center is superb.....

Especially with experience technical ppl there.....

GAS GAS GAS!!!!!

rgds,
Sulhan

ileaf said:
just to let u guys know, i went to minolta SG this afternoon, they helped to clear away those dust. FOC.

just to add on, they are really very friendly! another reason which joining minolta is a wise move! ;)

Did they explain where does the dust coming from? like on the mirror, viewfinder?

ileaf said:

Hey ileaf, thanks for sharing the good news with us. ;)

Its great to hear of the goodwill by Minolta SG. :thumbsup:

deslim27 said:
Did they explain where does the dust coming from? like on the mirror, viewfinder?

mostly coming from mirror side.
ha, i was happy like bird when i saw the dust were gone. :sweatsm:
didn't bother to find out more actually... :embrass:

another news, tried hands-on the minolta AF80-200mm APO Glens at minolta SG, it handles very well man! AF was of lightning speed! somemore got internal zoom, internal focus! (sorry folks, if i sounded "out-dated", but my 1st touch on it)
great lens! i got to start saving for it!

yeocolin said:
Let's not start this again and invite unnecessary attention to the lady. ;)

Thousands appologies... it was meant for a joke, really, nothing more than that. :sweat: Deleted the post...

no prob guys.

be it pretty, handsome or ugly, those that can smile & serve u are good customer service. :bsmilie:

er, sounds familiar? (black cat white cat thing...)

Status
Not open for further replies.