Ooops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxgal

Jan 23, 2007
This is one of the photo I took when I went to the animal shelter (Noah's Ark) in JB.
Just happen to catch this one-eyed cat (totally blind on one side) in its odd position. :)
IMG_4408.gif

Cats can be in very odd poses at times and you captured this one in an awkward moment nicely. Here is what works for me:

1. Expression: The "WTF" look is priceless :D Combined with the pose it tells a story on its own

2. Eye level composition: Works in this case as it brings you down to see the world as the cat does. Makes the viewer feel like another cat spying on it :D

3.Nicely controlled exposure, whites not too blown and the use of natural light is good too.

What can be improved IMO:

1. Background. I understand you are shooting in side the large 'bungalow' cattery and there is not much choice to control the background but I find the cage bars a little distracting. Btw was this the first or second floor?

2. I think if you used the edge of the rug as a lead to the cat it would improve the overall composition of the pic.

Overall its a nice picture which can be improved.

if there is an eyepatch on the blind eye. it would be perfect! :)

eeks. although i don't like cats. i think this shot is great :) but bg is distracting la.
but i guess u don't have much choice either.. :(

Cats can be in very odd poses at times and you captured this one in an awkward moment nicely. Here is what works for me:

1. Expression: The "WTF" look is priceless :D Combined with the pose it tells a story on its own

2. Eye level composition: Works in this case as it brings you down to see the world as the cat does. Makes the viewer feel like another cat spying on it :D

3.Nicely controlled exposure, whites not too blown and the use of natural light is good too.

1. Background. I understand you are shooting in side the large 'bungalow' cattery and there is not much choice to control the background but I find the cage bars a little distracting. Btw was this the first or second floor?

2. I think if you used the edge of the rug as a lead to the cat it would improve the overall composition of the pic.

Thank you very much for your comment! I will try again next time (if i have a chance to catch such moments). :)

eeks. although i don't like cats. i think this shot is great :) but bg is distracting la.
but i guess u don't have much choice either.. :(

Thank you for viewing! :D

i doubt you would need much comments from me since our resident animal pro is here for you. he gives you even more advise than gives me!

anyway i would personally prefer from head space at the top but somehow, i do love the slight reflections on the floor as well. the ray of light that falls in really works with for the pic and sometimes, cats do sit that way to scratch theselves or something if i'm not wrong.

good take. :thumbsup:

i doubt you would need much comments from me since our resident animal pro is here for you. he gives you even more advise than gives me!

anyway i would personally prefer from head space at the top but somehow, i do love the slight reflections on the floor as well. the ray of light that falls in really works with for the pic and sometimes, cats do sit that way to scratch theselves or something if i'm not wrong.

good take. :thumbsup:

thank u!:D

Pro tips. :thumbsup:

I m on the 2nd floor of the cat house. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.