ooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
hi. my first post here. dun really dare to put my photos up for critisicms, but was curious to know how it feels like to be criticised, cos i saw some critque posts that actually went up in flames.:what:

haha, so.....anyway, this is the photo i was to be humilated for.:bsmilie:

Bird3.jpg

it is a random bird which was pleasantly surprised by someone's giving hand.:bsmilie:

I'd be hell happy to capture something like this. Why worry? Well maybe crop away the hand la .... since the birdie was not looking straight, was there a lamp post in front? LOL!

It was a good catch of the bird in flight with the wings. Agree with ndroo, cropping away the hand will look much better. Just one nitpick, noise.

I'd be hell happy to capture something like this. Why worry? Well maybe crop away the hand la .... since the birdie was not looking straight, was there a lamp post in front? LOL!

erm..i dun think so. it was taken on a boat.:bsmilie:

think its a great capture of an elegant pose of frozen flight esp since the bird's face is reasonably focused. question to you is why did u include the hand? ur reasons?

It was a good catch of the bird in flight with the wings. Agree with ndroo, cropping away the hand will look much better. Just one nitpick, noise.

like that?

Bird.jpg

i was afraid it might look slightly bland, like those normal bird shots i see often in CS.

edit: and about the noise, yeah, no choice. technical limitation. waiting for sony to come out with cheap full-frame sensors.;p

think its a great capture of an elegant pose of frozen flight esp since the bird's face is reasonably focused. question to you is why did u include the hand? ur reasons?

hmm.....one reason is in my post directly above. was also because i find it kind of comical, like the bird just being startled by someone giving it food. the title of this thread was meant to be the words spoken by the bird:bsmilie:. like a speech bubble.

ur intent to make it different - its not bland even as it is given the bird's elegant pose - can be achieved if u include the interesting shoreline in the background and not crop it away. u may need another pic, another angle, or u need good cloning skills.

dunno how to add speech bubble in PS. so i done it in word.:bsmilie:
Bird12.JPG

i was afraid it might look slightly bland, like those normal bird shots i see often in CS.

edit: and about the noise, yeah, no choice. technical limitation. waiting for sony to come out with cheap full-frame sensors.;p

I wouldn't mind a b&w to cover the noise for this one.

hmm.. mayb u could try and crop away part of the bird.
position its eyes at the extreme bottom right hand corner
and leave more space on the left of the pict.
so its like..
it leaves the viewer wondering what the bird is looking at?

:)

I liked your shot at the first look. thought it was quite interesting the way the bird is looking at the food.

Definately much better with the hand but the hand is a little unnatural smack right on the horizon and messy background.

Still great timing. Must be tough to get the expression on the bird and the hand :)

thanks to all!! was a great start for critiques corner for me.:bsmilie:

yeah, it was pretty hard to get, cos my lens focused extremely slowly. i tried MF, but noticed that the birds get out of focus too easliy. in the end, i had to step down the aperture, and sacrificed the low noise.:(

nice pic:)

wow .... really nice shot.

i prefer the hand there, as bird's eye led towards the food in hand.
but if u're afraid that the colorful sleeve is quite distracting, then maybe can just desaturate that part, or make it B&W ?

really great capture. Like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.