Only U & Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Taken this pix while walking along the street.

Now is almost winter all the tree leaves is almost gone...

The feeling like all the leave had gone only left 2 leaves hanging down there and watching each other felt a bit sad....:cry: felt like they are watching each other. :sweatsm:

I know the pix not really look great or etc...
is just the feeling that given to me....thanks...

eimg0296yz5.jpg

Please C&C....

The idea of the composition and framing is there but i think one of the main problems is isolating the subject. :)

Right now, the BG is brown, the leaves, also brown, other than the bokeh that sets it apart, the foreground and background become somewhat indistinct.

Hmm not too sure what time of the day this was shot at or the lighting conditions but if it was a relatively cloudy and overcast day (which seems like it at the mo due to low contrast), maybe you can try underexposing the BG and then fill with a soft diffused flash for the leaves? (If sunlight still relatively strong can try increasing F-stop or use ND filters)

That would help pop the leaves.

Subsequently if you are able to achieve higher contrast lighting, you may try BnW toning, followed by dodge and burns to set the mood. Cheers!

My 1ct worth :)

Last edited:
The idea of the composition and framing is there but i think one of the main problems is isolating the subject. :)

Right now, the BG is brown, the leaves, also brown, other than the bokeh that sets it apart, the foreground and background become somewhat indistinct.

Hmm not too sure what time of the day this was shot at or the lighting conditions but if it was a relatively cloudy and overcast day (which seems like it at the mo due to low contrast), maybe you can try underexposing the BG and then fill with a soft diffused flash for the leaves? (If sunlight still relatively strong can try increasing F-stop or use ND filters)

That would help pop the leaves.

Subsequently if you are able to achieve higher contrast lighting, you may try BnW toning, followed by dodge and burns to set the mood. Cheers!

My 1ct worth :)

Thanks for the advice...
Actually I felt the BG is low and down, that make the overall feeling a bit sad & down.
If the BG is to colorful may not able to give the sad feeling..

Next time, I'll try as what you had advice...
once again thank you very much....

maybe if you took the whole branch, then you could further bring out what you're trying to put across. (2 lonely leaves mood)

Hope you dont mind me doing some PP to your photo to isolate the subject to the background as well as the branch. If you dislike it, tell me and i'll bring it down. Cheers!

n1438151381_163807_3964.jpg

Hey Rubber Duck. I like the theme and idea behind your photo. I appreciate when photographers take notice of such seemingly insignifcant objects and attempt to tell a concept. Dun mind... here's what I came up...maybe overly pped, but do tell me if you want me to take it down.

1) I'd prefer if the subject is not in the middle, but slightly more to the side, following rule of thirds, and a tighter crop to bring out the subject.

2) Grain and colour to give the "vintage" past look- "Only you and me...withering together into history"

3) Threw in a quote. Yea, That's abt it:)

Have a nice day!

3159935288_0f30139c17_o.jpg

Hey Rubber Duck. I like the theme and idea behind your photo. I appreciate when photographers take notice of such seemingly insignifcant objects and attempt to tell a concept. Dun mind... here's what I came up...maybe overly pped, but do tell me if you want me to take it down.

1) I'd prefer if the subject is not in the middle, but slightly more to the side, following rule of thirds, and a tighter crop to bring out the subject.

2) Grain and colour to give the "vintage" past look- "Only you and me...withering together into history"

Have a nice day!

The vignetting works, but not the text.

The feeling like all the leave had gone only left 2 leaves hanging down there and watching each other felt a bit sad....:cry: felt like they are watching each other. :sweatsm:

I know the pix not really look great or etc...
is just the feeling that given to me....thanks...

Congrats! Same feeling I get. The image projects loneliness, sadness, aging and wilting away... Writing this post already depresses me a bit :bsmilie:

I kinda like what our friends did to the picture especially the mono treatment.

Would I buy this picture? If I was too joyful, maybe. Balance things a bit. :think:

Have a nice day!

Thank you so much..!!!
is look better and express the feeling more emotional...
:thumbsup:

Is work for me... am I really like it..
individual have their own preference...:sweatsm:

Congrats! Same feeling I get. The image projects loneliness, sadness, aging and wilting away... Writing this post already depresses me a bit :bsmilie:

I kinda like what our friends did to the picture especially the mono treatment.

Would I buy this picture? If I was too joyful, maybe. Balance things a bit. :think:

Thank you very much..!!!;)

I don't felt the loneliness or sadness.
the pix is more like to express the feeling of each other company and keep a watch out of each other, like friends taking care and watching each other back....

in other way will be given a feeling that....
either u go or I go first.... meaning I die first or u die first......
:cry:....

life is like that....but just remember life is short...
keep the happiness going on and leave the sadness at your back and move forward.....

If you really like it.. you can have it.....and to give u a balance of joys and sadness thing a little...

Last edited:

I agree. The whole mood of loneliness and ageing is enhanced in this version though, which ties in nicely with the TS' initial theme.

Nice capture :)

Status
Not open for further replies.