Online photo galleries

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshkoh

Oct 30, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a free online photo gallery where i can post photos? The ones that i've seen are usually very limited in webspace. Also, how far do you guys compress your photos before posting online? Isn't it very troublesome to specifically compress each photo? Is there some other way??

Thanks in advance for helping!

free websites are definitely limited in size. the common ones i know are yahoo (30mb), www.fotki.com (dunno), and www.pbase.com (10mb) .

there is this softtware called digital photo resizer. need to pay usd15 i think for the full software. from www.icegiant.com the trial version only resizes about 20 photos each time and it is randomly choose one ... but worthwhile la after all that effort to shrink the photos everytime...

fotki website is unlimited space for usd30 annually. you can consider that.

Normally, I just run a batch job in Photoshop, resize my shots to 480x640 or 640x480 before uploading.

Try clubsnap's webspace, cheap and large in space.

espn said:
Normally, I just run a batch job in Photoshop, resize my shots to 480x640 or 640x480 before uploading.

Try clubsnap's webspace, cheap and large in space.

ya ha. of all sites, i didnt say clubsnap ;p

Most image viewing programs (ACDSee, Breezebrowser, Irfanview to name a few) have batch resizing features.

And of course, the old adage "There's no free lunch in this world" holds true for online image storage as most if not all of the free image storage websites have either gone bust or have turned into subscription models.

At least with ClubSNAP's webspace, you know up-front what you are getting and there won't be any hidden surprises when [_insert_free online storage_site_name_here_] starts getting bogged down and then announces that users have to pay $xxx maintain their images there.

Ender said:

looks like some software program..
u sure its a online photo gallery??

haiz
pbase only 30days trial leh..

sianz..
where to find a decent site to put some pics..

clubsnap have photo gallery meh??
where?

btw
how to upload a batch of photos at one shot?
or resize all at 1 shot??

yes, it is a photo gallery, but not so good.

photos go missing after upload to website, dunno where they go... :dunno:

Signup for ClubSNAP Webspace Hosting Plans

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=51043

Basic
100MB webspace
10MB POP email
200 Private Messages limit
Pre-install Private Photo Gallery
$60 per year, payable upon sign-up.

Premium
200MB webspace
20MB POP email