Online Petition To AVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
the slaughter of cats is not because of SARs.

please read yesterday newspaper.

anyway, i have signed the petition.

Originally posted by ninelives
the slaughter of cats is not because of SARs.

please read yesterday newspaper.

anyway, i have signed the petition.

Yes I DID read the papers yesterday. I had written that the authorities want to cull cats cos they want to sanitize the environment ie towards a more hygienic society.

Anyway thanks for signing the petition :)

Have signed it too.
Howzabout a few of us get together to shoot meows??? Can arrange for CWS or other meow volunteers to get the cats out for us... though it may have to be evening time..... Any takers?

Originally posted by Azure
Have signed it too.
Howzabout a few of us get together to shoot meows??? Can arrange for CWS or other meow volunteers to get the cats out for us... though it may have to be evening time..... Any takers?

nice idea Azure :)

I'm game too

gentlemen or ladies, let's be realistic.

by now, the cat welfare society and volunteers would have had their hands full thinking of ways to save the cats from the unfounded paranoia.

i sincerely hope this suggestion is not carried out. if we want to take pictures of cats, by all means go ahead and do it on our own. if you can still find the poor fellows in the neighbourhood by the end of this week, that is.

"getting the cats out for us"... let's don't turn this into some mass outing, please. not everything must be turned into photo opportunities. respect that. the cats are not our paid models.

there are a lot people working in food centres and markets. people prepare food wrongly, spit openly. They should be culled. Take their pictures. They are the health and social problems.

Instead, what's the worst that happens? A two-week suspension? A "D" grading? This is a spat in the face...

regards.

Originally posted by Azure
Have signed it too.

Originally posted by reznor
gentlemen or ladies, let's be realistic.

by now, the cat welfare society and volunteers would have had their hands full thinking of ways to save the cats from the unfounded paranoia.

i sincerely hope this suggestion is not carried out. if we want to take pictures of cats, by all means go ahead and do it on our own. if you can still find the poor fellows in the neighbourhood by the end of this week, that is.

"getting the cats out for us"... let's don't turn this into some mass outing, please. not everything must be turned into photo opportunities. respect that. the cats are not our paid models.

there are a lot people working in food centres and markets. people prepare food wrongly, spit openly. They should be culled. Take their pictures. They are the health and social problems.

Instead, what's the worst that happens? A two-week suspension? A "D" grading? This is a spat in the face...

regards.

ya actually you r right.

Very good point raised. Thanks

i signed too...

actually if any1's interested to snap some cats, i got plenty at my house's void deck (Ang Mo Kio). i try to snap a few when i on my way home and there's spare film in my cam.

Originally posted by Larry
i signed too...

actually if any1's interested to snap some cats, i got plenty at my house's void deck (Ang Mo Kio). i try to snap a few when i on my way home and there's spare film in my cam.

Thanks Larry :)

Are you living near the coffeeshop that serves the very popular claypot crab?

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
Are you living near the coffeeshop that serves the very popular claypot crab?
:what: what coffee shop? what claypot crab???

i'm living somewhere near Bishan Park actually, near the dog run place. better not give too much details, later i got stalker come and peep @ me... :D

I love cats! *meow meow* And I signed it! *meow meow*

This idea about culling cats is simply crazy! What about dogs? Wait, I love dogs too.

renzor is right about culling those inconsiderate people. but i have my reservations about his comments on turning an event like this into some sort of outing.

it sounded a bit harsh, i find. if people want to make an outing out of the cat culling, let them.

it would be a better idea if people who want to photograph the lovely cats, do it in small numbers (2-3). Otherwise the cats (like all animals and people) will get hostile.

You will need to familiarise yourself (and your big honky camera) with the subject, otherwise, you'll never get a decent shot. IMHO.

:rbounce: :bsmilie:

I don't know if culling is the right word. :dunno: Culling is to separate or selected from a mass, especially something rejected because of inferior quality.

What AVA does is picked every darn stray cats and ... (killed them [put to sleep]? :dunno: ) Can this be considered culling or mass clearing?

:cry:

-FND->

Originally posted by VincentLin

it would be a better idea if people who want to photograph the lovely cats, do it in small numbers (2-3). Otherwise the cats (like all animals and people) will get hostile.

You will need to familiarise yourself (and your big honky camera) with the subject, otherwise, you'll never get a decent shot. IMHO.

:rbounce: :bsmilie: [/B]

dont forget to bring some cat biscuits =)

Originally posted by Larry
:what: what coffee shop? what claypot crab???

i'm living somewhere near Bishan Park actually, near the dog run place. better not give too much details, later i got stalker come and peep @ me... :D

tats amk ave 3 (i think). Aiya talking about it - now got craving for crab liao :p

First of all, i would like to clarify that i am totally against putting to death any living species.

However, i can understand the actions of the AVA.
The problem of stray animals gets out of hand if no control is in place. Can you imagine trying to avoid stepping a cat or puppy with every 5steps you take? The population of stray animals are multiplying and unfortunately, some harsh actions have to be taken.

It's is cruel to put them to sleep, hence the emphasize on the word 'CRUEL'. But then again, we can't possibly expect the AVA or SPCA to provide lodgings for all these animals. Their population figure is alarming and it'd take a lot of manpower and resources to take care of them.

The root of the problem though, still lies with the human species.
If everyone exercises enough responsibility to keep their pets, then problems of stray animals would never have existed. That said, a society like that would be ideal but how often do we come close to being IDEAL?

Just my 2 cent's.

Status
Not open for further replies.