Online Petition To AVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by reznor
ECONOMIC reasons... COST-cutting... ya, put down lives when it can save costs. when we are old and wrinkled and health costs for the elderly has reached astronomical figures, perhaps WE would be culled too.
Good idea! :devil:
Let's cull the infirm, the poor, the homeless, the street trash and riff-raff.
:devil:
Actually, responses to my statement here may add to the reasons why not...... :dunno:

upzzz... SAVE THE CATS! :gbounce:

Originally posted by VincentLin
upzzz... SAVE THE CATS! :gbounce:

Thanks VincentLin for helping me upz the thread :)

Seriously is there anything we can do here besides photo stories or taking pix of strays?

maybe I should be like that Cyber Beggar & start asking for funds to collect to pass onto Animal Lovers League which is hoping to raise $15,000 to house 2000 cats in a farm.

What does anybody think of this?

put them in a farm? :eek:

What kind of humane society is that? What do they want to do with cat fur or whatever that can be used? :eek:

Seriously, I doubt we can do anything to help the poor cats. As much as I love them, I (and many others) cannot afford to adopt them.

The fundamental thing about stray cats is that someone or some organisation has to put a control upon. It is sick and heart-rendering to watch cats (and other animals) being put to sleep... I mean... I used to work in SPCA and I quit because I could not bear to watch these animals being put to sleep.

Education for the public on pet rearing is really really called for.

I don't want to see myself running to a pet shop and start smashing things to make my point across. :rolleyes:

Lav, I totally agree with you. Why not run a online donation (just make sure the donations go the the relevant animal welfare group to help them and not some over age juvenile computer project ok?):D

Worthy cause and God Bless :thumbsup:

There is no perfect solution to this problem, but a "cat farm" seems like a acceptable solution to me...hope that the neighbours of the "cat farm" loves felines too! Othherwise, one complain and that's it...:eek:

Seriously, I doubt we can do anything to help the poor cats. As much as I love them, I (and many others) cannot afford to adopt them.

Fair enuf but I believe more people would adopt them if legislation is changed to allow people to keep cats in HDB flats.

Seriously it doesn't cost very much to keep one cat. Pet food for my 2 cats cost me about $40 a month.

Anyway what I meant was to pass the hat around & collect some money to pass on to the Animal League to help them raise the funds for housing the cats at a farm where they can live in peace.

Education for the public on pet rearing is really really called for.

Definitely.

I don't want to see myself running to a pet shop and start smashing things to make my point across. :rolleyes:

I will never be able to run a pet shop cos I will just keep every animal I got there cos I dun know whether I am sending it to a good home or not.

I believe more people would adopt them if legislation is changed to allow people to keep cats in HDB flats.

There will be many problems if these reared cats are let loose, if they climb up a tree or a HDB ledge and refuse to come down ... alot of time and effort will be wasted by the civil defence to bring it down ....

Furthermore, if more people just want the novelty of owning a cat and after a month decides to dumb the cat ... then how? Over here we are culling cats and crows. In Australia they are culling kangaroos. I hope all will understand the government's point of view.

Ok Lav, if u cannot be an owner of a animal shop, u are welcomed to join me in selling cameras lar! Just hope u will not keep every camera there is in the shop, otherwise will go bust!:D

eug : In Australia they are culling kangaroos. I hope all will understand the government's point of view.

Kangaroos?? That's totally different from cats! Roos are "endangered" and cats are not. Though it could be the case soon for cats here in Singapore.

I was there for a few weeks last year and saw the masses of kangroos all over the place. The ranger there told me that they have about 4 million roos (and wallabies) in Queensland alone.

That is like more than our Singapore's population!

At the end of the tour, I banged into 3 wallabies and 4 roos... the rangers were quite upset and complained to my superiors. I had to sign statements and say sorry.

Thus, I don't really think the roos are being culled there. :cool:

Thus, I don't really think the roos are being culled there.

No kidding this is what I watched in Discovery Channel or is it NGC.

Eug, no offence, but were u watching the cartoon verison? Just curious, when was it produced?

What cartoon? I saw it this year .... on the documentary ... didn't take note of the production. The thing is that these people cull the kangaroos in the night ...

You all can choose not to believe ... just treat it as I'm uttering rubbish ..... :cry:

Are those culling the roos from the Aus govt or are those illegal roo poachers? Otherwise, why wld they cull roos at night?

No kidding this is what I watched in Discovery Channel or is it NGC.

Aiyah, Discovery Channel (or NGC) always like to make everything endangered.

Let's see... My roadkill score at Queensland was 3 wallabies and 4 roos. Add that to the number of people I went with... 37 wallabies, 84 roos and a few emus (i think). In a space of 5 weeks, me and a bunch of boys roadkilled this much.

But the rangers kept quiet about it and we helped them to put the dead animals into the blazing bushfire.

I am really not kidding. Something happened in those weeks, and led to the death of a small herd of cows (I heard from the rotarywing jockeys commenting on the expense of the fixedwinged jockeys).

So... DC and NGC shows should sometimes be taken with a grain of salt.

No lar... they cull the roos at nite when the roos are sleeping in their herds.

The rangers take away the older and injured animals for putting down mah.

I'm glad to be able to witness such an event when I was there.

Hmmm.... a cat petition has turned into a roo forum.

On with the program! :bsmilie:

Are those culling the roos from the Aus govt or are those illegal roo poachers? Otherwise, why wld they cull roos at night?

Not poachers definitely, these people apparantly are hired ... not sure ...

Hmmm.... a cat petition has turned into a roo forum.
Maybe we should start a roo ... thread ... but anyway I'm not going to reply in this thread ... will get back to our main interest ... photography!

Better stop this roo discussion...we have unknowingly hijacked the discussion and gone off track. Back to u, cat pple...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.