Online credit/debit card woes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
anyone with similar experiances/advice pls share....
also warning to be careful, dun noe how on earth pple got excess to my number!!!

RANT!!!!

early monday morning like 0020+, by a twist of luck or some cud say providence, i logged into my posb internet banking... check $$$ etc.... den i noticed available balance and ledger balance different by about $700+... wondering how come cos din use my debit mastercard recently... so i went to check debit card transaction history and the just a few minutes before ,the day before, sunday, had 2 transactions to some us websites for about $700!!!!

so i quickly called the bank, den the person said can cancel the card number, they will send mi a new number and that the payments WILL be cancelled... *phew* or so i thought!

fast forward till todae....

got my new card, and for some reason cannot get it activated at all!!! try at 2 different ATM machines oso cannot!

then nvm, i log into internet banking again, den !!!!!!! still kena charge for one of the supposedly cancelled transactions the other one still dunno how!!! call customer service, and den have to explain everything again, why i cancel, get new number etc... den dae tell mi i have to liase with the vendor directly, and that they CANNOT tell mi who the vendor is, cos dae cannot see! onli noe kena charged.... the prev customer serice person still tell mi can cancel, cos its pending... den now dae say cannot, cos once they put up have to wait for the vendor to claim, dae cannot do anything!!!!....

then now since my old number cancelled i cannot see who it was charged to.... so cannot contact vendor either!!!!!

so how!?!??!?!

customer service: call back in 9-10 days time, after u have been charged den you can see the vendor, den u can raise a dispute with them, with legit reasons, and den we can do an investigation which will take 45-60 days.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAH LIAO!!!!!!

so basically almost CANNOT DO ANYTHING LAH!!!!!! basically just get burnt!!!!!!!!!!!

last time dbs got a fake website
dbs.com and dbs.com.sg

wonder did u logg into it ?

Better to get future correspondence with your bank by email, at least you have all in writing.....although many banks now record conversations by phone as well. You now need to wait till the merchant is known, then can decide what to do together with the bank....

Don't worry, all this takes time.....

Hong Sien

yah the customer service sometimes stupid one. i was charged double over some internet transactions and the bank said they don't know what it was for and that they can't do anything about it. i thought they are SUPPOSED to do something about it!

i'm not sure if you can contact the police over this. can just give it a try bro.

You can still dispute charges on your card up to 60 days, and some banks even allow longer periods....

Hong Sien

simon80 said:
last time dbs got a fake website
dbs.com and dbs.com.sg

wonder did u logg into it ?

realli??? .com.sg is the fake one ar???

aniway i use www.posb.com.sg :p

When i was in the US, I was charged twice, but that was using citibank card, I only found out when i came back.

I called the bank, they advice will investigate. They return and credited the money back to my account first, while pending investigation. Which is investigated by them, not myself.

After a month, they confirmed vendor swiped card twice, case closed. Kudos to citibank.:thumbsup:

I used to have a debit card. One day when I was updating my bank book, I noticed a whole list of suspicious purchases. I called up the bank and they sent me the details. All the purchases were made in Malaysia, although I am in Singapore and my card is with me! As I was using a debit card, the amount had been deducted from my bank account. I had to make a police report... and only got my money back few months later.

Don't believe their crap of 45-60 days, by then everything may be too late.

Last time I was charged some $$ for some site membership lasting 30 days. That makes no sense cos by the time the "investigations" are completed, the 30 day subscription is over and any dispute you raise is useless as you may be taken to have "consumed" the service.

I insisted that they complete their investigations sooner and in the end, I got a reverse charge within a little more than a week.

Don't wait 45 days if not it may be too late. IF the front line Customer service guy can't help or just recites the rules with no logic, go ahead and ask for the manager.

This is also another reason why my debit card account only has S$100 in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.