Online bookmark storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qhelix

I'd like to backup all my IE Favourites onto a website so that I can transfer all the bookmarks to my laptop, or get the bookmarks back after formatting my computer (something which I do once every few months). Can someone suggest a site? Best if I can upload everything in one shot rather than have to manually enter each URL.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Just use URL2HTML and upload the resulting HTML file to the web.

I got an Error 404 when I tried to download it.

Try this site instead. ;)

License Info

URL2HTM is freeware. You may make as many copies as you like and you may give copies to anyone, but you may not sell this program to others except that a nominal copying charge may be made for the program. This program may be included in collections distributed on CD-ROM or diskette. URL2HTM may not be distributed as part of any commercial product without a prior license agreement.

URL2HTM is copyright 1997-1999 by William A. Thompson. You may not make any alterations to the program.

There is no warranty on this program. The program is distributed as-is. The author shall not be held liable for any claims of damage, loss of data, computer down time, loss or revenue or any other claim of direct or indirect damage caused by this software.

This program supports shortcuts created with Internet Explorer versions 3, 4, or 5.

Contact the author at billth8@juno.com.

My *ahem* nominal copying fee is only $100...

Got it. Thanks a lot!

hmm...copying Favourites of IE? I thought it is just copying the entire favourites folder under the Windows directory, zip it if necessary, and unzip it into your labtop windows Favorite directory. With 1.44MB diskette, you probably wouldn't need to zip your Favorite folder.

This is what I did when I migrate to a new computer.

Guess I could do that, but what I'm worried about is when my comp crashes big time and I can't recover it (it has happened before). Guess I'll just have to remember where I kept the diskette.

if you have a ftp account (geocities), then you can also zip the folder and upload there. Easy and fast. No need any program in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.