Onion Garlic Chilli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like #1 and #2 a lot. :thumbsup:

#3 seems like it needs a bit more DOF.

Good work though! What was in the background to give the change of color? Just the wall or other random object?

Random objects..........creating the bg colour
juz a really basic setup...or none so 2 speak. Juz me n my cam, object n internal flash.

Very nice shots! Also, the font used was very appropriately chosen. May I know what font is this?

Ya... very nice shots. especially #1, great reflection, background color... :thumbsup:

very good shots!

they look like they should belong to the cover of some culinary book or something.. =)

:D thankz everyone for e comments

RuthBaby: Thanks for the pointers! me still amateur lah......hee so still learning how 2 perfect my skills. Never really tried shooting products though. Usually go for candid n macro shoots. I tot the garlic has more interesting stuff on the underside....... therefore decided to place it upside down.

Must learn more abt product shoots from u guyz.......

I like Garlic most, cos of the even cyan tone at the top. I feel it's very soothing...

;)
good day everyone. Glad 2 hear the all comments from all of u.
I tink i shall go dig out more items 2 shoot liao. Do more experiment with diff bg n subjects.

louispang: as i mentioned b4, bg is created using random objects. Personally i like the onion's relection the most. bg really accentuate the subject.

As for fonts, ehhh.. cant remember wat i used. :bsmilie:

Great touches!

Such a food fan here and you've covered some of my favourite ingredients!

Onion: Beautiful colour scheme and nice reflection from the table top. Nice and appropriate font gives the photo a heightened sense of sophistication. Slight flare on the onion but that's a minor problem, easily rectified with diffused lighting.

Garlic: Again, some really nice touches but as Ruthbaby pointed out, not the best looking garlic for the shoot (snobs we are!) and colour graduation not as effective as the first.

Chilli: Like it alot. Perhaps move the chilli slightly so we could see more of it. Different angles might work better with this shot.

Overall, one of the more inspiring food shots I've seen in a while. Keep them coming!

Thanks for sharing.

Kman

For those who din get 2 c the rest of the pix, here's afew other shots

onion3.jpg

onion2.jpg

chilli1.jpg

kman said:
Great touches!

Such a food fan here and you've covered some of my favourite ingredients!

Onion: Beautiful colour scheme and nice reflection from the table top. Nice and appropriate font gives the photo a heightened sense of sophistication. Slight flare on the onion but that's a minor problem, easily rectified with diffused lighting.

Garlic: Again, some really nice touches but as Ruthbaby pointed out, not the best looking garlic for the shoot (snobs we are!) and colour graduation not as effective as the first.

Chilli: Like it alot. Perhaps move the chilli slightly so we could see more of it. Different angles might work better with this shot.

Overall, one of the more inspiring food shots I've seen in a while. Keep them coming!

Thanks for sharing.

Kman

thanks kman for the indepth comment!

Well its part n parcel of learning, glad u give me ya honest opinion.
Will source for better looking garlic the next time round. ;)

Cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like your vege photo... with the name beside it. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.