One useful use of SOLARIZE Color Mode -A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee All A1/A2....and maybe other cams which has this function.....BUT does not have highlights warning.....no worries.....

In the Dimage A1/A2......i realised that the use of Solarize Color Mode could be extended for Checking Blown Out high lights.....in portraitures or still life....

As the LCD display mey be small and not give that accurate "white highlight" tonality....i realised that when i do a "check" with the Solarize mode.....the killer blown out highlights can be easily observed - as it becomes BLACK.....whereas the sides will gradually be blue then to green - indicating a gradual change in the higlight levels...

Whhat i do is basically compensate the EV until i see blue to green transition (where i can - taking care not to compensate too muc)....

Then i switch back to the "color" mode.....

Well...at least this woked for me so far when i was trying to take a photo of a shiny object.....

Do try it out.....and share your thoughts and experience...

regards,
Sulhan

sulhan said:
Hiee All A1/A2....and maybe other cams which has this function.....BUT does not have highlights warning.....no worries.....

In the Dimage A1/A2......i realised that the use of Solarize Color Mode could be extended for Checking Blown Out high lights.....in portraitures or still life....

As the LCD display mey be small and not give that accurate "white highlight" tonality....i realised that when i do a "check" with the Solarize mode.....the highlights can be easily observed - as it becomes BLACK.....

Whhat i do is basically compensate the EV until i see blue to green transition (where i can - taking care not to compensate too muc)....

Then i switch back to the "color" mode.....

Well...at least this woked for me so far when i was trying to take a photo of a shiny object.....

Do try it out.....and share your thoughts and experience...

regards,
Sulhan

Hi Sulhan,
long time never heard from you and where have you been lately? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.