One thousand fps! It's madness, I tells ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot F1 maybe? Then replay in slow-mo a million times. In fact, I can think of a million things to capture:

1. Break a glass and watch it in action
2. Car crash
3. Goalkeeper dive
etc..etc...

Casio Exilim EX-FH20

40 fps stills, 1000fps movies. :bigeyes:

Even though I have some doubts as to real-world applications, I can't help but to be impressed with the specs.

Can throw away those million dollar industrial high speed cameras liao.. ;p

not sure how useful the fps is...but thats still impressive:bigeyes:

Yeah, 1000fps, but only at a tiny 224x56 (0.0125Mpix) resolution. The minimum shutter speed for 1000fps is 1/1000s, coupled with a tiny 1/2.3" sensor... i think gotta be realistic about what kind of picture quality it would deliver...

Yeah, 1000fps, but only at a tiny 224x56 (0.0125Mpix) resolution. The minimum shutter speed for 1000fps is 1/1000s, coupled with a tiny 1/2.3" sensor... i think gotta be realistic about what kind of picture quality it would deliver...

Maybe it comes with laser illumination? ;p

Probably an expensive way to make really cool animated .gifs? :sweat:

Actually there's one that runs at 1,200 fps.

I would imagine it being very useful where high-speed videos for analysis/troubleshooting is concerned, think of a golf swing or firing a weapon, besides being ultra-cool! Search 'high-speed videos' on you-tube and you get an idea of the applications potential.

Like that, if we play frame by frame or in ultra-slow mo, I guess we could see if the light would really flicker as what physics teachers tell us :D

like those cameras in mythbusters!! :bsmilie:

Like that, if we play frame by frame or in ultra-slow mo, I guess we could see if the light would really flicker as what physics teachers tell us :D

Hmmmm why will light (in general?) flicker? Particle theory?

like those cameras in mythbusters!! :bsmilie:

Those are way cooler! Had the chance to play with one before.. Even the lamp (hydrargyrum medium arc length iodide) to provide intense light was awesome!

Matrix...anyone?
Dodge flying debris...yea...

hahah, cameras are becoming video cams...
first they suprised us with the d90, now this...

the 1k fps is for vry low res vid.. still impressive tho but cant blow it up except for viewing on maybe jus ur mp4 player or camera itself.. 1kfps means shutter speed needs to be >1/1000 so probably need to be bright light.. or compensate wif grainy digital noise :)

Actually I doubt the human eye can see beyond 100-200fps.
Try running an old game like Quake 2 or something on ur PC on today's video cards, set low resolution, and even if it's achieving 500fps or more....I doubt u will see the difference if it's running at 200fps...
On Casio's part....pure marketing gimmick! :sticktong

Last edited:
Cool..
Good cam for special users with special needs. E.g. Singapore Paranoma Investigators. And others who hunt for aliens, ufo, spontaneous human combustion etc...
Time to bust the myths ;p

Because they run on 50Hz or 60Hz AC mains? ;p
That's specific to certain artificial lighting only :bsmilie:

Actually I doubt the human eye can see beyond 100-200fps.
Try running an old game like Quake 2 or something on ur PC on today's video cards, set low resolution, and even if it's achieving 500fps or more....I doubt u will see the difference if it's running at 200fps...
On Casio's part....pure marketing gimmick! :sticktong
Actually I'm quite sure the average human cannot detect flashing objects past approx 60-70Hz (with eyes). So that's the whole point of the high fps camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.