One & only session for this girl - S's outdoor shoot 27 Feb 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Dear friends of ClubSNAP,

May I take this opportunity to introduce you a new face - S. It's her ONE & ONLY shoot for CS members, so quick, quick, hurry, hurry, PM me if you're interested. The 1st 6 photogs who confirmed gets to shoot her!

39759862.jpg

39759258.jpg

Cost : $55 per photog

Date : 27 Feb 2005 (Sunday)

Time : 8:30am - 12:30pm (with some dilly-dallying) in between

Model : S.

Theme : Casual + Clubbing

No of photogs : 6 max

Please PM (Virgo), SMS (96219501) or email me your name, nick in CS, contact number and email address if you're interested. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Upz for S. shoot. I've already cancelled CL's shoot, wouldn't want to see history repeat itself. Hurry, PM me if you got nothing on next Sun! :)

Upz for S's shoot. C'mon ladies and gentlemen, PM me if you're interested. You all shy to start the list is it? Let me do it.

:bsmilie:

Some kind soul out there pointed out that my 2nd pic up there is not so flattering. I've changed it. Hope it changes your perspective.

Interested parties, please PM me. :)

Since she is new and inexperienced, why not do a time-for-prints shoot. Benefit all.

xmen2003 said:
Since she is new and inexperienced, why not do a time-for-prints shoot. Benefit all.
TFPs? She's done a lot too many. I'm organising this one and only shoot for her to have some fun, before she proceeds to do something else. After this, no more CS shoots for her.

Hurry, PM me if you're interested. :)

Virgo said:
TFPs? She's done a lot too many. I'm organising this one and only shoot for her to have some fun, before she proceeds to do something else. After this, no more CS shoots for her.

Hurry, PM me if you're interested. :)

The way I see it is if you are organizing this shoot not out of making money and just for fun, why should there be a payment? Are you also one of the photographers shooting her? If need $$ to hire make-up artist, etc.. maybe you can list out the full cost then split among the interested photographers?

xmen2003 said:
The way I see it is if you are organizing this shoot not out of making money and just for fun, why should there be a payment? Are you also one of the photographers shooting her? If need $$ to hire make-up artist, etc.. maybe you can list out the full cost then split among the interested photographers?
I thank you for your suggestions, but I think you have misunderstood my statements earlier. I'm organising this shoot for her to have some fun, not for me to have some fun. That's why I put this as a paid shoot to cover my cost. Of course, making friends with fellow CSers can be fun for all of us as well. :)

I will not be shooting her. Have already enjoyed my fun by doing a 1-1 shoot with her. ;) I'm organising it for other CS to enjoy shooting her, cos I think she's a good model to shoot at. However, this will come with a small cost. In fact, she has appeared in one of the pics posted by vince123123, and I'm pretty sure he has enjoyed the session with her too.

xmen2003 said:

Are you one of the interested photographers or just asking for fun? You seem to be out of topic here all the time, Didnt see Virgo offering the model for free TFP at all, But I was misleaded when I read your(xmen2003) posting.

Don sabo Virgo anymore lah, :nono:
Why not you organise a free TFP shoot for some of the CSes here to give a kick start of your new idea? :think:

Virgo said:
I thank you for your suggestions, but I think you have misunderstood my statements earlier. I'm organising this shoot for her to have some fun, not for me to have some fun. That's why I put this as a paid shoot to cover my cost. Of course, making friends with fellow CSers can be fun for all of us as well. :)

I will not be shooting her. Have already enjoyed my fun by doing a 1-1 shoot with her. ;) I'm organising it for other CS to enjoy shooting her, cos I think she's a good model to shoot at. However, this will come with a small cost. In fact, she has appeared in one of the pics posted by vince123123, and I'm pretty sure he has enjoyed the session with her too.

Hi Tock, my friendz, i think it is not so nice for me to make negative comment on your thread with regard to your expected fee ($55 x 6 = $330) to cover your own small cost. But in the interest of the other CS members who are newbies in this type of photoshoots, I would like to share my experience here, and hope you don't mind.
I have friends who actually organise such shoots but they don't normally add up any costs to cover themselves (what are friends for?) and any cost in getting "experienced" models are being shared equally among us, which will amount to about $20 to $30 per photog ($100 to $200). Almost the whole amount is always given to the model because we believe the model deserved it, even if she is doing it for fun. But your reply above gives the impression that she did a TFP (121) and she will be doing the same here with these 6 photogs and you are organising it for her to have some fun but you need the $$$ to cover your own costs ($330 - small meh?)
It would not be right if the whole amount goes to you alone for your time in organising this shoot and that you are not paying her share of work (even she may be having fun too). I think that's bad. But if you are sharing the sum (at least 70%) then I wish you all the best and give you my full support for giving the members here this good opportunity to shoot such a pretty babe.
So sorry if i have offended you........

"Photographers do not like to be exploited, so do models. Pay them what they all deserved.".... i believe.

Canonised said:
Hi Tock, my friendz, i think it is not so nice for me to make negative comment on your thread with regard to your expected fee ($55 x 6 = $330) to cover your own small cost. But in the interest of the other CS members who are newbies in this type of photoshoots, I would like to share my experience here, and hope you don't mind.
I have friends who actually organise such shoots but they don't normally add up any costs to cover themselves (what are friends for?) and any cost in getting "experienced" models are being shared equally among us, which will amount to about $20 to $30 per photog ($100 to $200). Almost the whole amount is always given to the model because we believe the model deserved it, even if she is doing it for fun. But your reply above gives the impression that she did a TFP (121) and she will be doing the same here with these 6 photogs and you are organising it for her to have some fun but you need the $$$ to cover your own costs ($330 - small meh?)
It would not be right if the whole amount goes to you alone for your time in organising this shoot and that you are not paying her share of work (even she may be having fun too). I think that's bad. But if you are sharing the sum (at least 70%) then I wish you all the best and give you my full support for giving the members here this good opportunity to shoot such a pretty babe.
So sorry if i have offended you........

"Photographers do not like to be exploited, so do models. Pay them what they all deserved.".... i believe.
No offence at all my friend, and I'd be happy to clarify.

I can't reveal how much goes to the model, but I must say it takes a fair bit out of the total. How about make-up artist? How about the time and effort for me to organise everything, the transport to collect the $ from some of you who may not be transferring the funds online? I think if you are organising such shoots, you'll understand what I mean. The rest of the organisers can support me on this too I'm sure.

If you think that I'm just out to make $, then you're wrong my bro. The best is for you to find a model, try organising it and you'll understand what I mean. Of course when I say let S. have some fun, I still have to pay her right? It's her time and effort after all. TFPs are not done this way if you're looking for one. TFPs are usually on a 1-1 basis, you get him/her to pose for free, you provide the expertise, time and effort to shoot him/her to your liking, and may be engage a make-up artist for free or for a fee, and later give all your nice shots to them, and also for you as a portfolio. No monetary transactions involved. I don't organise TFPs in this gallery. Anyway, a model will never do TFPs with 6 photogs! If he/she does, please let me know, and I'd be happy to meet him/her for a TFP shoot.

Hope this clears the mist that you may have, as well as some others. I pay my models definitely, and pretty well too. If not, Chew Ling will not have done 4 shoots with me already! :)

I fully support Virgo.

Organising shoots are certainly not easy. The amount of time and efforts to ensure the shoot goes smoothly is inmeasureable. Nowadays breaking-even is already a blessing. :)

I agree with virgo ... as i told him the first time i met him during an organised shoot ...

'Pai tan arr' (translates to: very hard to earn) ... After paying the model and the makeup artist, as well as covering our expenses (transport, logistics) we usually find that there is not much profit to be made. The amount of time we put into organising such shoots opposed to the profits ... well, lets just say i can better spend the time elsewhere.

I guess one of the reasons why such shoots are organised, are more to benefit our models and makeup artists then to reap a handsome profit, as somehow (for me at least), i feel indebted to them for the TFPs they have done for me, and i wanted to do something for them in return.

anyway, my 2 cents larr. Sorry for the OT
Cheers
Darrel

Status
Not open for further replies.