One more test shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker

Dec 6, 2005
Cyberspace
98620100_5afefa7e8a.jpg

What is he doing? Warding off evil?:)

Amazingly beautiful baby... nice lighting as well on the second shot...

Hacker said:
hi, hacker. i love the color of this shot a lot. i always wanted to take this kind of pictures of my daughters. not sure what went wrong, but, couldn't achieve such result!

can you tell me what settings on your e-500 when this shot is taken? WB, F-stop, Metering, etc.

BTW, did you adjust the WB in PS after shot? or straight from camera?

Thank you in advanced

Sheu Hau

shchow said:
hi, hacker. i love the color of this shot a lot. i always wanted to take this kind of pictures of my daughters. not sure what went wrong, but, couldn't achieve such result!

can you tell me what settings on your e-500 when this shot is taken? WB, F-stop, Metering, etc.

BTW, did you adjust the WB in PS after shot? or straight from camera?

Thank you in advanced

Sheu Hau

Hi SH. I really did not do anything extraordinary. All I wanted to do was test the Leica R to 4/3 adapter. This can be done with any lens. However, I have to watch my shutter speed.

Zack's cot is next to a window with day curtains. This means that I have to shoot when there is available light coming into the room. I have the day curtains drawn so that the light entering will be soft and not harsh. No flash needed. I can't remember the EXIF, but in Zack's case, I have to shoot in Program, since the Summicron R will only take that and AE mode.

Shoot at the position where the light is falling on the subject, and that's it.

Sample:

79761317_109b80b118.jpg

If I am not wrong, and if you have a off camera flash (extension cable), use tracing paper and place that slightly away from the subject and it will create this soft light that can achieve the same results. Experiment.

Hacker said:
Hi SH. I really did not do anything extraordinary. All I wanted to do was test the Leica R to 4/3 adapter. This can be done with any lens. However, I have to watch my shutter speed.

Zack's cot is next to a window with day curtains. This means that I have to shoot when there is available light coming into the room. I have the day curtains drawn so that the light entering will be soft and not harsh. No flash needed. I can't remember the EXIF, but in Zack's case, I have to shoot in Program, since the Summicron R will only take that and AE mode.

Shoot at the position where the light is falling on the subject, and that's it.

thanks hacker. I think i'll have to keep shooting and experimenting. i always tried to shoot at my daughter indoor. Sometimes with just the lightings on from the room, sometimes with the lighting from the windows. However, may be because my daughter never stand still, i can't get a good shot at her at the shutter speed of 1/20s ~ 1/60s. I can get sharp pictures of still subjects though. for my e-500, even if I set to ISO1600. I can't get the shutter to increase much higher. I tried to shoot with my 50mm at F2.2 (and smaller). Find that F2 is a bit too shallow to get sharp image if I try close framing on her face.

plastic said:
If I am not wrong, and if you have a off camera flash (extension cable), use tracing paper and place that slightly away from the subject and it will create this soft light that can achieve the same results. Experiment.

Thanks for the tips. But, i don't have a flash. But, may be i can improvise with a torch! :bsmilie: Like you said, just experiment mah! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.