One Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
I used to do that in the past, not now anymore.

Sometimes, there were only ONE (or nearly one) forum for a specific topic of interest, so most of us signed up for that forum. Later, along the way, when we find out there's another newer forum for the same TOI; some of us would join the newer one, sign up with the same signature, photos, posts etc. Wouldn't that be kind of duplicating oneself in multiple places?

Let's hear about why some of us actually join multiple forums - especially posting the same shots, when the TOI is the same.

For myself, I believe I have a now-dormant Offstone account somewhere, and totally out of use now, just because at a point of time, some friends told me the other forum had somewhat more "artistic" inclinations.

As I live on the other side of the globe and travel a lot for work, I like to keep in touch with the various forums (CS for S'pore, certain forums for the UK and certain forums for the States). That way when I'm over in a particular country, I can find out from "friends" on the latest happenings and also arrange for get-togethers with the country's locals (returned favor if they come over to where I am, of course). I've already met plenty of like-minded photogs all over the world during such face-to-face meetings and its a great way to get to know other cultures!

sehsuan said:
I used to do that in the past, not now anymore.

Sometimes, there were only ONE (or nearly one) forum for a specific topic of interest, so most of us signed up for that forum. Later, along the way, when we find out there's another newer forum for the same TOI; some of us would join the newer one, sign up with the same signature, photos, posts etc. Wouldn't that be kind of duplicating oneself in multiple places?

Let's hear about why some of us actually join multiple forums - especially posting the same shots, when the TOI is the same.

For myself, I believe I have a now-dormant Offstone account somewhere, and totally out of use now, just because at a point of time, some friends told me the other forum had somewhat more "artistic" inclinations.

Artistic..go try DA if you want.See if it has what you desire.. :)

deviantArt

Status
Not open for further replies.