One after another....

Wonders...

well, we'll only know after the verdict has been passed.

Oh... So that's how they "harvest"... muahaha:bsmilie:

i really hope they will pass the checks and proven CLEAN

or else ... the impact on the huge bulk of youth will be so damaging. Imagine the disappointment and shock if the final verdict is not a good one.

Last edited:
Maybe the checks are just to show that everything-in-the-house is proper so they can go ahead with their plans to invest in Suntec Singapore?

Maybe the checks are just to show that everything-in-the-house is proper so they can go ahead with their plans to invest in Suntec Singapore?

... dun think so, because when CAD and Police are involved, it is quite serious.

Last edited:
... dun think so, because when CAD and Police are involved, it is quite serious.

I agree. Without some solid evidences, they wouldn't take action, especially when it involve religions.

Since CH is a church, not a charity organisation, this case might be slightly different?:dunno:

i think the writer Angela Lim summarize it well :

"By all accounts, the leaders of all three non-profit organisations started off humbly and upheld genuinely noble ideals, until money — more than they knew what to do with — quickly led them down the path of greed, materalism and corruption."

wait till the reports are out then we discuss better.

i think the writer Angela Lim summarize it well :

"By all accounts, the leaders of all three non-profit organisations started off humbly and upheld genuinely noble ideals, until money — more than they knew what to do with — quickly led them down the path of greed, materalism and corruption."

power begets corruption; just like in Animal Farm...

Last edited:
I dont believe in organized religion but I do believe we should withhold judgement until the verdict is out. This is only fair.

agree with CS Admin, we should keep religion discussion out of this clubsnap.

life is short and fragile, enjoy life and avoid stress.

The diff here is CH is a church not a charity org. The $ collected is from their own members and not from the public, so some will argue they have the right to do whatever they want with the funds.
However on commercial grounds, can a religious org use their funds for commercial purposes?
Such as investment, and in this case purchase a significant holding in Suntec City?
The $ they collected is not taxable under charity law therefore if they use their $ for commercial use wont it be an unfair advantage to them? Using other peoples hard earned $ for personal gains?
If that is the case, what is to stop other people from raising $ through religious platforms and then use that $ for personal commercial gains?