one 22" LCD Wide or Two 19" LCD normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdubs

Jun 6, 2006
Vancouver, BC
www.fotop.net
hi all,

i am thinking in buy a new lcd for my desktop... wondering which one would be more suitable for photo editing.. one 22" wide or having a two 19" setup....what are you experiences??

wrong place bro....this should be in kopitiam...

Am using a HP vs19 and a LG Flatronslim calibrated or profiled with spyder. The HP which is much cheaper is good enough for photo editing.

One 22" in the center and two 19" and the sides? :lovegrin:

Look at screen resolution more than screen size. 17" and 19" LCDs have the same resolution, 20" and 22" LCDs have the same resolution. So 2x 19" is like 2x 17" in terms of actual work area. And so on. So, why not a 2x 20" or 1x 20", 1x 17"? I suspect the price diff won't be too different from what you proposed?

From what you can read in previous threads, most people seem to think that the current batch of 22" wide screens are not that good for colour sensitive work as they are 6bit screens, whereas most 19" screens are 8bit screens...so maybe because of this 2 19" screens might be better...

but really, if above factor is not present, it depends on what you prefer... I have even worked on screens of 2 diff size, the smaller one only for parking windows...:)

i am using the 19" as the main working horse, 15" for toolbars and others, while i have another 15" widescreen doing other processings.... :bsmilie:

well.. my 19" is the LG flatron. u need to calibrate these monitors for sure.

at the end a cheap CRT is still better than any LCD in the market including the ezio lcd.

MONITORS.jpg

That's why i'm still using my NEC Multisync FP1355. 6+ years and still my workhorse. :D Recently been having some probs with it not wanting to power up sometimes. I think it's a capacitor or something. Once it's on it works perfectly. Time to send for servicing. Believe it or not, it's first one in 6+ yrs. Too bad it's hard to find these type of monitors anymore.

rig2.jpg

go dual

hi all,

i am thinking in buy a new lcd for my desktop... wondering which one would be more suitable for photo editing.. one 22" wide or having a two 19" setup....what are you experiences??
The 22" ones are 6-bit panels, so are the 19" ones.

The 20" or 24" are 8-bit.

If u got $$$, get the apple or dell ones that uses IPS.
If less $$ get the Viewsonic VX series.
If no $, just get any flatscreen CRT monitor.

The 22" ones are 6-bit panels, so are the 19" ones.

The 20" or 24" are 8-bit.

If u got $$$, get the apple or dell ones that uses IPS.
igh
The ips 30 inch Dell is very nice for photo editing. The very high resolution and large screen size makes life a lot easier. But it needs a high end video card. Go for this if you are serious. Good bang for the bucks at $1999. 'A' grade panel. U Won't regret.

Thanks for all of your responses.. I guess I will try to go dual monitor.. waiting for prices to drop a bit more before purchasing..;p

however.. I am thinking in getting a mac book pro... which is wide.. and connect the mon to it when i am at home.. for this situation.. is a widescreen a better option?...lol.. anyway to connect to screens to a laptop to have a triple screen :p

how do you get 2 screens? i only know how to do it with my notebook but what about your desktop? you need a graphics card with 2 outputs?

I am still using my 23" LCD. I think the ratio is good as the tool bars take up both sides. The remaining is around the 3:5 format left for the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.