once in a blue moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiv

Mar 20, 2005
P1000160.sized.jpg

the power of 12x zoom.

feel free to post your moon shots here!

what is the f stop & shutter speed you used?

donchua said:
what is the f stop & shutter speed you used?

1/50 f8.0 iso 80

with a tripod

reiv said:
P1000160.sized.jpg

the power of 12x zoom.

feel free to post your moon shots here!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Should be called as "Once in half-a blue moon"...:bsmilie:

natnivek said:
eh? Your WB off... :bsmilie:

Good shot man...:thumbsup:
then it will be called once in a white moon wouldnt it? heh just came back from camp.. tmr night full moon i'll try again..

white full moon:

P1000234.sized.jpg

FZ5 432mm f8 1/200s + 1.7 Tele-converter + Photoshop (adjust level + white balance)
The 1.7 Tele-converter seem to cause the purple fringe.
P1140838moon.jpg

yeah i agree, nice shot. was it taken just today?

elemental said:
yeah i agree, nice shot. was it taken just today?
yep it was.. still not big enough leh the moon.. i think i need to get 1.7x tc liao..

nice effort, reiw..and taken without a telescope too!
actually, the 12x zoom would have been considered a built-in telescope..:)
I tried the full moon at x12 previously but can't get the image right. was using "P" mode though..

airconvent said:
nice effort, reiw..and taken without a telescope too!
actually, the 12x zoom would have been considered a built-in telescope..:)
I tried the full moon at x12 previously but can't get the image right. was using "P" mode though..

use "M" mode.. iso 80, f 8.0 and play around with the shutter speed to achieve the desired effect.. use a tripod if neccessary..

djork said:
hi, i shoot the moon sometimes too. sorry to hijack, but i'd like to share my method of shooting the moon with you. the below link is a pic. 2nd link has a pic too and my method of taking the shots..

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=141460

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=138436

its ok.. this thread is for discussions of how to take the moon and sharing pics of it..

hmm.. need to scout around for a 2nd hand telescope liao.. heh.. i wanna see mars..

zcf said:
FZ5 432mm f8 1/200s + 1.7 Tele-converter + Photoshop (adjust level + white balance)
The 1.7 Tele-converter seem to cause the purple fringe.
P1140838moon.jpg

I dunno if it's your focussing off or is it your shutter too slow. When I take moon shots it's usually 1/1000 or faster.

1/200 for your case is a little slow.

reiv said:
its ok.. this thread is for discussions of how to take the moon and sharing pics of it..

hmm.. need to scout around for a 2nd hand telescope liao.. heh.. i wanna see mars..

if you need information regarding scopes, try www.cloudynights.com

scopes are classified into 3 main types, a refractor (the type i'm using for my moon shots), a reflector (mirror based design), and catadioptric (a combination of mirror and lens design).

just be careful, scope purchase can be just as addictive as the BBB syndrome of DSLR. once you get a scope, there's a whole range of accessories that follows, so read the reviews wisely.

djork said:
if you need information regarding scopes, try www.cloudynights.com

scopes are classified into 3 main types, a refractor (the type i'm using for my moon shots), a reflector (mirror based design), and catadioptric (a combination of mirror and lens design).

just be careful, scope purchase can be just as addictive as the BBB syndrome of DSLR. once you get a scope, there's a whole range of accessories that follows, so read the reviews wisely.

if you are looking for a telescope, you can check out here :

www.singastro.org
www.astromart.com

BUT buying a bad scope can kill your interest faster than the speed of light, so do some research first and talk to people on singastro.org , etc before you do so. saves you a bad experience later on.
cheers

natnivek said:
Haha... Just went to take a pic of it... Here it is...

+1 more to this thread!

eeeeeeeh... how come yours bigger than mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.