Onboard SD card reader wont read SDHC card

electron

Jan 11, 2008
I recently bought a 8GB SDHC card but my it doesn't show up on my onboard SD card reader (NEC Versa E6000 laptop). I can go out and buy a SD card reader but if it was a simple case of updating the firmware, it would be preferable course of action.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
I recently bought a 8GB SDHC card but my it doesn't show up on my onboard SD card reader (NEC Versa E6000 laptop). I can go out and buy a SD card reader but if it was a simple case of updating the firmware, it would be preferable course of action.
should be having to upgrade hardware instead of firmware.
I think 4GB SD is already SDHC. I've yet to see a standard 4GB SD card. Largest I've come across is 2GB.

Lots of people selling SDHC card readers on ebay. I bought a number for $2-$3 each. Works well.

electron

Jan 11, 2008
I read about a hotfix downloadable from the windows site. But I wont even bother, I'll just go the card reader route. It's easier! Thanks fellas.

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon

Same issue here on my toshiba.

labla

Apr 26, 2008
Lentor
I'll double what chiangkxvsaid. Hahaha... but get a card reader it's more trust worthy... had some problems with my old on board card reader on my ASUS laptop. :)

electron

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks guys, I'm looking for a multi card reader now. My laptop bought 2005 so i guess SDHC came out after that hehe. Still life in the old laptop yet so im not going to upgrade until i get CS5.

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
I doubt a firmware can modify the existing card reader to read SDHC format.

. Largest I've come across is 2GB.
Transcend and some other makers used to make non SDHC 4GB cards before, that was when SDHC format was newly introduced and alot of Palm / window CE devices were not compatible with SDHC format yet. ( i was thinking of getting one previously with my old pocket pc phone. :bsmilie: )

ryan

Top Bottom