On Top a Solemn Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
(Superia 400, 50mm with PL, cropped & edited)

#1 un-titled
war09a.jpg

#2 be brave
war10a.jpg

#3 his yellow boots
war12a.jpg

#4 his work
war15b.jpg

#5 his shade
war17a.jpg

comments always welcome, thanks for viewing. :)
(rest in my gallery)

I feel that pic 1 & 3, looking down, seems like you're looking down on them.

AReality said:
I feel that pic 1 & 3, looking down, seems like you're looking down on them.

haf no intention of that. Quite at peace while i was there, i'm sure they felt my soul.

foxtwo said:
haf no intention of that. Quite at peace while i was there, i'm sure they felt my soul.
Ahhh...
Wrong interpretation...
Haha.. wat I meant was the pic looked like dat, not how u felt... :)

ur no 2 pict...felt like somethings missing...maybe an oxymoron or a juztaposition....dunno...cant figure out.

Nice perspective for "#3 his yellow boots"

But i thought it can be better, thus i saved the image and PS it (hope u don't mind)! ;)

original.jpg

I did some curve, USM and gradient (for vignetting) to it.

foxtwo, if you wish to remove the image from here and my personal Pbase gallery, do PM me immediately. :)

behyx said:

But i thought it can be better, thus i saved the image and PS it (hope u don't mind)! ;)

original.jpg

foxtwo, if you wish to remove the image from here and my personal Pbase gallery, do PM me immediately. :)

nono, it's fine man! wish i had tat kind of PS skill in me... hehe

yeh, the sup400 suxks here. slightly expired somemore. So comments on my composition instead, thx all.

do not try to make me feel sad abt the scanning quality Mr Fox...i have a sup400 loaded and haev not fire anything yet.

behyx said:

original.jpg

hmmm...the way you did it looks so simple...would it affect skin tones? how much did you curve?

khairi said:
do not try to make me feel sad abt the scanning quality Mr Fox...i have a sup400 loaded and haev not fire anything yet.

then u still have time to unload!! ;p

DUN BE FOOLISH~!!!! :bsmilie:

khairi said:
hmmm...the way you did it looks so simple...would it affect skin tones? how much did you curve?

I use the curve to bring out the contrast and color tonality. It will not affect skin tone if u adjust it properly. And i also use the individual red,green,blue channels in curve to correct slightly wrong white balance chosen by my camera.

As for how much i curve, it really depends. for normal shots, i just tweak a little. but for more creative shots, i will do quite an intensive tweaking. it all depends what kind of mood you want. I feel that other than composition, color also plays an equally important part in injecting emotions/feelings.

Anyway foxtwo, i really really love your composition in this picture. Everything is just placed so perfectly pleasing to my eyes.. But the DOF can be improve upon. Maybe use a higher aperture value to make everything in the picture sharp, because it's kind of difficult to read what's written on the tombstone.

behyx said:
Anyway foxtwo, i really really love your composition in this picture. Everything is just placed so perfectly pleasing to my eyes.. But the DOF can be improve upon. Maybe use a higher aperture value to make everything in the picture sharp, because it's kind of difficult to read what's written on the tombstone.

thx thx. :)

well, guess it wasn't too bad a recce session. Will be back next time loaded with velvia 100f... ;p hehehee, the weather willing of 'cos..

foxtwo said:
thx thx. :)

well, guess it wasn't too bad a recce session. Will be back next time loaded with velvia 100f... ;p hehehee, the weather willing of 'cos..

Hey be sure to load it fast and shoot it these days.. already for 3 days in consecutives, the weather and sky is very very good at around late afternoon time. You'll be blessed with clear blue sky! I believe the next few days will also be the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.