on scouting for Rollei 35 strap

LeoTheSolar

Jan 23, 2015
Choa chu kang
Is there any current/ex users of Rollei 35 here at CS?

How do you guys get around with getting it a strap?(or perhaps you dont use one at all). Do share with me your experience as I dare not bring it out, fear dropping and denting on this dense little gem!

Will it be too dense for neck strapping it?

The strap fitting is pretty unique and the tripod mount aint common(i think) either.

If I would to list a CS WTbuy, what would be a good price for the fitting metal piece? I dont need the original strap as I will most likely get a neck strap from riceball. Or attach it with a carabiner+keychain cover(the ones sold in places like Hako)

Anxin

Jan 12, 2011
Is there any current/ex users of Rollei 35 here at CS?

How do you guys get around with getting it a strap?(or perhaps you dont use one at all). Do share with me your experience as I dare not bring it out, fear dropping and denting on this dense little gem!

Will it be too dense for neck strapping it?

The strap fitting is pretty unique and the tripod mount aint common(i think) either.

If I would to list a CS WTbuy, what would be a good price for the fitting metal piece? I dont need the original strap as I will most likely get a neck strap from riceball. Or attach it with a carabiner+keychain cover(the ones sold in places like Hako)
Due to the weird design of that strap, it's hard to use other 3rd party strap. You can get the original strap from eBay easily but be prepared to pay like at least $40-$50. There is one knock-off from CN (and they have the cheek to label it as "genuine"!) that going for like $25. So it's up to you.

I have found the strap to be useful thot. This babe is soft, dropped only big dent so using a proper strap may be worth it.

Great little gem that is capable of producing very high quality image. My favourite.

Last edited:

LeoTheSolar

Jan 23, 2015
Choa chu kang
Due to the weird design of that strap, it's hard to use other 3rd party strap. You can get the original strap from eBay easily but be prepared to pay like at least $40-$50. There is one knock-off from CN (and they have the cheek to label it as "genuine"!) that going for like $25. So it's up to you.

I have found the strap to be useful thot. This babe is soft, dropped only big dent so using a proper strap may be worth it.

Great little gem that is capable of producing very high quality image. My favourite.
Thanks for your input anxin!
I think I will find alternatives from tripod mount wrist strap + carabiner. The slip-in strap lug doesnt look all that secure!