On CPF returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
when they want money from us, they run like a company
why dun they do the same for money that's going to be paid to us?

:sweat:
i shoot one question to you
you shoot the same thing back to me
not fair leh, both ways got no answer lor

you answer mine first! :sweatsm:

in any case, i only know that the cpf rate is still much better than blardy f.d.
for a long long time already

i shoot one question to you
you shoot the same thing back to me
not fair leh, both ways got no answer lor

you answer mine first! :sweatsm:

in any case, i only know that the cpf rate is still much better than blardy f.d.

sorry dun get u, and ur question is?

if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?

u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..
can see, cannot feel..:(

if u r comparing f.d now..yes, its very low, due to the recent years..interest rate have been slashing since '97 to help keep the economy alive..but how abt before '97?

u can call me pessimistic, but i'm really doubting Singapore future..everything is so virtual..

:think:

never mind!

not sure, wasn't into interest rates then, but i hear from the older generation that it was higher?

wa, why you sound so jaded

'much better' because the cpf funds are kept for long, long tenure.

in the mid 90's, i used to transfer my funds from bank to bank during lunch time. all because, one is offering higher interest than the other, as high as 7.1%.

i admired the courage of mp sin, ong and a nmp for speaking up for higher interest rates for us. hurrah!!

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

welcome! :sweat:

FREE MOONCAKES FOR EVERYONE
HUAT AH

Have u start working and earning money for yourself and family ?

If you does, you will start to have a questioning mind on the returns for ur CPF contribution

What's GIC role in society ?

Where does the money in GIC comes from ?

Where profits from GIC goes to.

Salaries of the top brass in GIC.

:cool:

The problem is I dunno and I dun care !!! :)

Have u start working and earning money for yourself and family ?

If you does, you will start to have a questioning mind about the returns for the 20% of ur salary kept in CPF

What's GIC role in society ?

Where does the money in GIC comes from ?

Where profits from GIC goes to.

Salaries of the top brass in GIC.

:cool:

good questions to ask, but so taboo....:cool:

:dunno: your line of questioning seems interesting

1) how much do we have to pay all our civil servants, when most of the jobs they do earn nothing for the gahment?

2) how much do all those projects like ir, mrt line development, small stuff like making every mrt station have a minisupermarket or something, road repair, pipe repair, etc cost?

3) did you really, really think that taxes alone can cover this?

always very easy to ask question, not so easy to answer, doesn't mean there is no answer
me, i'm happy with the fact that

1) i can go shoot punggol until 8 pm without getting into big trouble even when wearing my mp3 player with headphones with no fear

2) yes, the wait for the bus is sometimes very long, and prices go up and keep going up but hey, i've been elsewhere before, elsewhere either has no public transport or public transport sucks like hell

3) ditto for train

along with many other things, granted singapore ain't perfect, but it has its pros, there are cons and no one denies that, but if you just see the cons and hope for a perfect system where all's rosy - then my question is, wait until there is a perfect dslr, then there will be a perfect country to live in

and if the system is not to your liking, make a difference instead - easier said than done, but can you make canon put in-body is on its dslrs overnight? no? same thing here :bsmilie:

all i know, is that singapore is my home, and i won't exchange it for anywhere else in the world. and i also only know that people who can never be content will never be content, just take for example our landscapes, we have so many, so beautiful, but people keep asking for GREAT MOUNTAINS, BIG RIVERS, when the beauty is right in front of them :dunno: look at imran's photoblog, i doubt the great canyon can compare to some of his pictures, but maybe it's just me

All i can deduce from this thread is that Singaporeans like to complain and most ppl in this thread knows nothing about finance and long term risk and return

All i can deduce from this thread is that Singaporeans like to complain and most ppl in this thread knows nothing about finance and long term risk and return

:nono:

hor, now they going to whack you

:nono:

hor, now they going to whack you

i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

btw i don't work for the government..... i'm not even singaporean.....

i don't care.... fact is I know much more about finance and the financial markets than the most ppl here and the fact is what cpf and the government is offering now is a damn good deal.... the compulsary annuity is going to be a blessing to all singaporeans in spite of all the lamentations by the simple folks.....

:bsmilie:

ho no, the more you say that, the more they will whack you

yes, a lot of econonomists/analysts also say that it's a fair deal
but oh wells
there is also the other side
and we all love to question, nothing wrong with that so long as we get the facts right

wow...u must be a master on this subject ...can u perhaps enlighten us whether it is wise to invest on equities listed on sgx in the short, medium and long terms?

Hahaha...I really do not know how much you really know about finance...

Do you know what is the rate Australia banks are offering for 6 month and 12 month terms deposit for the past 10 years?
How much has Euro dollar appreciated over the years?
How much have China and India funds appreciated over the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.