On Behalf: School event on 24th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend, who is teaching in a primary school in Hougang.

There will be a major school event for this primary school this Saturday, 24th July, and my friend would require a volunteer photographer who can help to cover this event, scheduled from 9am to 430pm. The actual coverage timing can be flexible, because this is a volunteer occasion, anyway. ;) A token of appreciation will be given.

Those who are interested, please sms to 9139-7381 for more information. :)

Thank you thank you!

Hope some kind soul out there will help. Desprately needing some help for this. :sweat:

Pro-New, i guess you can choose to forego commenting negatively, though i can understand your point.

Where's the gotong-royong spirit? :dunno:

sehsuan said:
Pro-New, i guess you can choose to forego commenting negatively, though i can understand your point.

Where's the gotong-royong spirit? :dunno:

You are right, I can forego commenting. But isn't Forums for ppl to past comments, +ve/-ve?

First I would like to apologise for this. Seriously I'm not those who are looking for FOC services. Being a "begginer photographer" myself, I would grab any chance of snaping for events/ exhibitions wherever possible.

Maybe I should explain a little about the situation... On 24 July, Saturday, the school is having a 4-in-1 celebration which includes Racial Harmony Celebration, our official opening for the School Family Education center , school fund raising project and also our Open House 2004. For those who are not familiar with school policies, duties are mostly covered by their staff or parent volunteers, and photographer will be from the school too. In-house we have 3 photographers, however due to the shortage of staff, each of us was given few duties to do. And having only a pair of hands and legs, we are not able to split ourselves up into so many different parts of the school at the same time. I would very much love to go round snapping photos for the whole day, but I have to be at my booth at all time. That's why I am looking for some help from the people here.

I am still looking for help now as the couple of members who replied cannot confirm their attendance or the time period that they'll be coming. With only few hours left, I am really desprate for someone to help. :sweat:

I hope some kind soul out there will be willing to volunteer for just a few hours. Take it like an outing to snap around - kids, people, family, food, traditional games, performance and lots more will be happening tomorrow.

I know of a school who engaged video and photographers to shoot for the school official opening. The principal is willing to spend after being advised by the school photographer. I'm not aware of any school policies regarding engaging professional photographer.

The school photographer purposely missed one school event as being assigned other duties. And when they need to compile the photos, only found some PnS photos from some parents volunteer. It dawn on them the importance of having a professional or at least a 'full-time' photographer excused from all other duties to cover an important event.

Hope you find your volunteer who had a passion to shoot for you!

I wanted to help ... but they say they only want digitial photographer .... so no choice lor ;) ..... hehehehe .... dont say never offer ;)

I would really want to thank the three (or was there more?) that came down today!

Feedbacks from many was that they're amazed by the camera you guys are using. :bigeyes: Well, the one that our school photographer uses is not as pro lah.

Looking forward for the shoots. It'll let me get a feel of what was happening around the other part of the school. So stuck at my booth that I totally have no chance of taking a peep at other happenings. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!! :thumbsup:

Who was the guy wearing Clubsnap T-shirt?
He knew who I was but I didn't know who he is... :dunno:
I was actually using my first roll of film on my new second hand slr camera. :D
The negatives except slides have been processed and will be sending them for scanning on monday.

Well, I still believe one doesn't need a 'pro' camera to be able to take good pictures. ;)

Don't know if he wants to be known or not. But he has been great help and my kids are very amazed by his camera. He was practically staring at it! :bsmilie:

Thank you sathea for dropping by. Hope to hear from you soon! :D

Now who was the 3rd guy eh? Sorry but I was pretty busy with the booth that i didn't quite get his name. So sorry. But I remember hearing Lee. :embrass:

Initially i wasn't impressed by the physical well-being of this school, which seemed to be ill-equipped and without all those modern glass and aluminum walls and ceiling, the school looks unimpressive. But after spending about 3 hours my view has totally changed. I was very impressed by the delicated teachers and parents, as well as the "true-innocent" of the students, which included all the four main races. There was Indian classes, Malay projects, etc. as well as ecological studies, etc..I am so glad to have participated in this Cherish project and as a result, I feel very good about this neighbourhood school.
Keep it up teachers!
PS.. i will post a copy of the CD to claudia.

Oh yeah, now I remember who illustrious is, sheesh, I could have volunteered, just striked me *il^mare*.

Sorry girl, ;)

THANKS A MILLION!!!
I am proud to be in my school. Putting all the hard work, sweat and tears aside... our school is a big big family and will continue to work hard.

I've seen some of the photos taken and it motivates me to start Photography Club in school! Nope we don't have one yet. But I'm going to propose it to the P and VP. But first I've to pick up the more professional skills myself. :think:

I hope I can get the photos taken in CD (in original resolution please) from all the kind soul who were there on Saturday. You can contact me at 91397381. I'll meet up with you.

Ehh... i think i only remember 3 that came to me that day. If you are there but I'm not aware of your presence, sorry. But I suppose others were around too. My teachers commented they saw a few guys with big big cameras around. I hope you can can in touch with me. Would really want to say thanks in person. :)

Good job guys!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

espn said:
Oh yeah, now I remember who illustrious is, sheesh, I could have volunteered, just striked me *il^mare*.

Sorry girl, ;)

bish bish! :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.