Omni Bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
omni bounce have difference sizes? where to buy them?

i have a sony hvl-32x... thanks.

Or Cathy photo, penniusla ground floor.
Call them to check if they have stock first before going down. Went there last week, very very limted stock. They selling at $30

went to CP no stock....
den look around for kotona... thought i was played out... went to PSC den saw TCW, but walk around dun have... den on my way to my car, saw the word kotona... den its actually he rented 1/2 of the space around the CP area. cos the listing din have his company written.

DIY suggestion: make your own! :D cut from used milk jug bottles...
last time soem guy somewhere posted on his own page some reviews on different colour omnibounces. there's the green one and orange one..supposedly to correct for tungsten/florescent lightings...

Yes, look for Uncle Nelson at Konota! Good service! :thumbsup:

sumball said:
Yes, look for Uncle Nelson at Konota! Good service! :thumbsup:

Last time I went, I can't find the shop, whose shopfront used to be diagonal across CP's. Where is the shop now?

pianodancer said:
Last time I went, I can't find the shop, whose shopfront used to be diagonal across CP's. Where is the shop now?

konota should be located inside a Fuji Film shop. think Agfa film shop is just next to the fuji shop. pardon my description :sweat:

yeah his shop is part share with a fujiflim house, just next to a agfa shop. you can spot these shops at the "side entrance" of PenPlaza (closest towards the CityHall Mrt Stat), near to the security desk, just behind the escalator.

i recently chased down one unit from him, over a solid three days...1st day i thot he kidding me with his $28 quote for basically a plastic translucent cup, then called MsColour has no stock, THEN i saw CP's quotes :bigeyes: ..., 2nd day return, he said "sorry sold the last one you asked, come back morrow", so day 3 i finally landed the thing. :sweatsm:

btw i spent the whole 2nd day going EVERYWHERE (except AP - dont ask why, those who knows, knows what i am talking about), and NO ONE has the make i was looking for...repeat NO ONE. it seems the OB is one rarity.. :sweat:

One thing, pls note, the OmniBounce will reduce the power of your flash, from my perspective, quite drastically, literally by a factor 2.5 as stated in the package. cos the usual distances now looks shadier, and "shadowing" occurs in casual headon/wideangle shots where usually flash-filled.

though it does take away the edgiest harshness of the flash, its an interesting, quite different flash approach that i personally feel should be practised before any big time shoot.

What an adventure, bigsnapper. When did you buy it? Wonder if they still have it now? Would they have stock for F32X fitting since the F32X itself is hard to find now?

And thanks for your advise.

How does an omni bounce look like?

Gees, a but sua-ku but hope to get some idea.

Thanks,
b

pianodancer said:
What an adventure, bigsnapper. When did you buy it? Wonder if they still have it now? Would they have stock for F32X fitting since the F32X itself is hard to find now?

And thanks for your advise.

Just go and approach Uncle Nelson. He will advise you which OB to use. Don't worry, you can come back other day if you dun feel like buying on the spot. He will let you play around with the "toy" without staring at you. Thats make me feel comfortable :cool: when buying stuff from him, of course with his advise too :thumbsup: .

His shop is just behind Bata shoe shop. The first shop if you go in Peninsula Plaza from the side door. :p

sumball said:
Just go and approach Uncle Nelson. He will advise you which OB to use. Don't worry, you can come back other day if you dun feel like buying on the spot. He will let you play around with the "toy" without staring at you. Thats make me feel comfortable :cool: when buying stuff from him, of course with his advise too :thumbsup: .

His shop is just behind Bata shoe shop. The first shop if you go in Peninsula Plaza from the side door. :p

I went there today. He's not there. It's just a small counter next to the entrance of the Fujifilm shop. I've checked the display cabinet, there are a few Omnibounce, but none for F32X.

Status
Not open for further replies.