Omni Bounce Diffusser for SB50DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Feb 2, 2002
Singapore
photos.yahoo.com
Hi guys, just check with fotoguide, cathay and john this evening and all have no stock for omni Bounce (for Nikon SB50DX)...can some one know where could i get it ? (price about S$28)

also trying to buy the tripod adaptor for my flash (so that i could perform off-camera-flash since SB50 got the wireless slave function) but cost me S$18 !!! decide to self fabricated one !!!

by the way, any one DIY Omin bounce successfully ? so far could only make DIY bounce card....

thanks

Originally posted by spider
Hi guys, just check with fotoguide, cathay and john this evening and all have no stock for omni Bounce (for Nikon SB50DX)...can some one know where could i get it ? (price about S$28)

also trying to buy the tripod adaptor for my flash (so that i could perform off-camera-flash since SB50 got the wireless slave function) but cost me S$18 !!! decide to self fabricated one !!!

by the way, any one DIY Omin bounce successfully ? so far could only make DIY bounce card....

thanks

Why not just DIY a bounce card? Results are as good as the overpriced Omnibounce.

Regards
CK

Agree with CK, the omni bounce will suck 2 stops of light from your flash, this will give you a shorter max flash range at the selected aperture. Which also means that the recycling time between each flash is longer. Overall, You'll get fewer flash output from your batteries. The sad thing is that the omni bounce still a point source and your flash effect will not be softer in anyway, unless you're confined within a small room where the scattered light from the bounce, that is reflected off the side walls and the ceiling, may help to fill in the shadows on and behind your subject. Else if there is no reflective surface around you ie. outdoor, you're better off with the DIY bounce card which will provide a relatively larger light source.

I bought my omni bounce from photoguide at $28, frankly speaking, it is really a good "protection cover". Now it is replaced by a Lee's "81b protection Gel" :p

hi there, agreed with u guys. I have make few DIY bounced cards with me and the effect is not bad. however, my problem always lie with portrait mode when in some situation i can not reflect the flash from side wall...and dun forget my flash do not have side swivel, so no way i could make a portrait celling bounce too....using card bounce with diffusser on my built-in(F80), i able to bounce the shadow a bit off the portrait subject but harsh shadow still there.....

yesterday i tried DIY hot-shoe+tripod apdaptor and put the sb50dx as a slave off-camera flash, my f80 built in as a master. The tripoded flash was located at the side (opp my built in flash)...also tried a few diff compesate, position...however have not finish the roll, so no result to share.

another way is to get the frame that put the flash aalways on top of the camera, but the design are always ugly and kind of bulky...

on the other hand, if off-camera flash work, however, it still very troublesome to bring along a tripod / frame for a, eg. party, casual wedding, or cadid shot...so i thought of Omni-bounce might soften some shadow......and also saw a lot of news journalist using the diffuser and even the new Nikon SB80DX come with it as a add-on package...so i thought it might be an essential shadow soften accessories for me.....

Try at Prime or camera wksp. They often have many used pieces cheaper than new price.

Status
Not open for further replies.