OMG...Pentax K-5 body HongKong price dropped to S$1200 , Group-buying price.

How can be with GST?
There is no sales tax in HK but if you bring back the cameras through local customs, you might be liable to pay 7% GST if SG customs ask for proof of purchase. Basically if just shop warranty only, you can be pretty certain the HK price is a "water goods" price. Good luck getting service if you have a major problem. To my understanding, once you walk out of the shop with the goods, you're pretty much on your own.

Sorry, guys, I'm not trying to help Emjay out here, but I suggest thinking about it carefully before getting.

Reasons :
1. Warranty - If you need calibration or meet up with any issue on the HK camera, you are on your own.
2. GST - if you carry in, its not an issue. If you ship it in, anything above $400 is liable to GST
3. Which shop is it? How reputable are they?
Some guy on Sony sub-forums bought from DigitalRev (supposed to be well known since they have that silly guy on Youtube). Also ran into unpleasantness with warranty.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/sony-konica-minolta/1001191-bad-experience-digitalrev.html

Not saying cannot buy, just want those considering to weigh the risks involved.

Yes agree, it is water goods and online store, there is a risk out there...
i think is good that Netsoft share his sourse... and everyone think carefully and order themselves if really wanted...
order in group may save a little bit more... but if something happen(like need GST topup before custom release goods + admin fee by local Shippment company to clear the custom). it hurt relationship...