omd vs x pro 1 vs nex 7

They did not discuss value for money....in my humble opinion, OMD EM5 wins in this aspect.

Of the 3, I believe the OMD EM5 is the only one with full weatherproofing? Another plus point that need to be considered.

But for all photographers....the most important thing is the image quality....in good light and in low light. Any opinions?

What I've been reading in tests is that it equals the Nex 7, and is just behind the X Pro 1. Some say different things, of course.

But the overwhelming sense is that it's good enough now, and probably IQ will no longer be the key factor guiding choice between the systems.

The website is giving their first impressions for now & will expand upon it later on

Soon Ruey said:
They did not discuss value for money....in my humble opinion, OMD EM5 wins in this aspect.

Of the 3, I believe the OMD EM5 is the only one with full weatherproofing? Another plus point that need to be considered.

But for all photographers....the most important thing is the image quality....in good light and in low light. Any opinions?

The em5 low light is damn good. I hv never been so impressed. Iso 3200, really cannot complain

steve huff 1st impressions on omd is up on YouTube.

He bought the omd but not xp1

OMD is the best yet for m4/3.
Small, good lenses, small overall system.
Sensor performance trade-off still there, but I think its good enough and ppl who buy into a m4/3 camera should already have decided on this conscientious choice.
Those who know not of the sensor trade-offs and bought based on looks, probably don't need to know about the trade-offs anyway :D

NEX7, nice system on specs (ie. paper). Too expensive to me as a body with not much small/good lenses at good prices. Still usable though with 16/2.8; 25/1.8 and 50/1.8. Throw in a good MF lens or two to cover the gaps (eg. M mount Voigtlander 12/5.6; 75/1.8) and its still viable.
Just not as worth the money imo, to pay quite a bit for a high end body with all the bells and whistles, but then need to work around the lens limitations.
Esp. so when the 5n does about the same thing for less.

Xpro1; Seems like good IQ and ISO performance. AF and MF aids needs to improve though. Pricey as well for what it is (APS-C, slow AF). Liveable AF speed imo, though a bit hard to swallow given the price of the camera. I can see it doing very well in the hands of a photographer willing to live/work around its usability quirks.

Steve Huff reviews have a bottom line. He keeps the cameras he really likes :D :D
He does have NEX7 and is keeping the OMD and returning the pre-ordered Xpro1s

More comparo from KAI

[video=youtube_share;BRyQU6XCQt0]http://youtu.be/BRyQU6XCQt0[/video]

OMD is the best yet for m4/3.
Small, good lenses, small overall system.
Sensor performance trade-off still there, but I think its good enough and ppl who buy into a m4/3 camera should already have decided on this conscientious choice.
Those who know not of the sensor trade-offs and bought based on looks, probably don't need to know about the trade-offs anyway :D

NEX7, nice system on specs (ie. paper). Too expensive to me as a body with not much small/good lenses at good prices. Still usable though with 16/2.8; 25/1.8 and 50/1.8. Throw in a good MF lens or two to cover the gaps (eg. M mount Voigtlander 12/5.6; 75/1.8) and its still viable.
Just not as worth the money imo, to pay quite a bit for a high end body with all the bells and whistles, but then need to work around the lens limitations.
Esp. so when the 5n does about the same thing for less.

Xpro1; Seems like good IQ and ISO performance. AF and MF aids needs to improve though. Pricey as well for what it is (APS-C, slow AF). Liveable AF speed imo, though a bit hard to swallow given the price of the camera. I can see it doing very well in the hands of a photographer willing to live/work around its usability quirks.

Steve Huff reviews have a bottom line. He keeps the cameras he really likes :D :D
He does have NEX7 and is keeping the OMD and returning the pre-ordered Xpro1s

I've played all three, especially the OM-D, now I'm quite sold already. Just wait for the 3rd batch ;p

And you guys are gonna love the 75/1.8. Man, what a lens!

I've played all three, especially the OM-D, now I'm quite sold already. Just wait for the 3rd batch ;p

Me too, tried all three and 5N, OMD is still the better one in terms of overall system useability. Would say Xpro1 is pretty close but of course the lenses range are not there yet, the hybrid vf is awesome especially for night time, EVF is not really that good, but the price is really high. Nex 7 has color casts problems with 3rd party UWA, like Voigtlander 12mm which the 5N doesn't have.

Took a few shots of the 75, yes, pretty impressive, even though it's pre-production set. Suppose to launch in July, guys. It's gonna be tough deciding between the pany X or this one...

I've played all three, especially the OM-D, now I'm quite sold

already. Just wait for the 3rd batch ;p

Is the IQ for x pro1 really better than omd or marginally better. From digitalrev video x pro1 iso performance is definately a lot better but I hardly use ISO 12 whatever thousand. They didnt really compare the IQ at lower ISO.

I did like Kai reaction when lok was standing beside him and shooting burst

Me too, tried all three and 5N, OMD is still the better one in terms of overall system useability. Would say Xpro1 is pretty close but of course the lenses range are not there yet, the hybrid vf is awesome especially for night time, EVF is not really that good, but the price is really high. Nex 7 has color casts problems with 3rd party UWA, like Voigtlander 12mm which the 5N doesn't have.

Took a few shots of the 75, yes, pretty impressive, even though it's pre-production set. Suppose to launch in July, guys. It's gonna be tough deciding between the pany X or this one...

Wah! you guys really good at poisoning :D :D
I must keep looking at my G3 and endure.

Although not really played with Fuji but the IQ I think is better among the 3 cameras mentioned here this is so far based on all the reviews and sample photos (jpeg and raw) Ive read and seen. Fuji w/o AA filter is really sharp and ISO control also is like 5n but I think even better. The rest Fuji lose out ergo, AF speed, lens line up and specially the price.

I have both Nex 7 and X-Pro1 and just tested friend's OMD today.

If IQ is the most important, Fuji X-Pro1 is better than both by quite a margin. In fact, with the 35mm F1.4 lens, it is very close to a Leica M9 with 50lux. Super sharp.

My experience with OMD today. Superb in AF speed and fastest of all 3. Nex 7 comes next and slowest is X-Pro1.