OMD EM 5 older version display pic

gbn2377

May 28, 2010
I recently bought an older EM 5 as a second body.But I realized I can't see recorded pic through viewfinder.Only at LCD even if I keep the eye closed to viewfinder and press button.Is there any setting I am missing?

I recently bought an older EM 5 as a second body.But I realized I can't see recorded pic through viewfinder.Only at LCD even if I keep the eye closed to viewfinder and press button.Is there any setting I am missing?

Refer to Page 16 of the manual. Only can view on LCD :)

I suspect the EVF auto switch option is off.Go to menu level J and turn on.You can also toggle manually between LCD and viewfinder by pressing the LV button (IOI) on the right side of the viewfinder.Refer to pg.92 of user manual.

The auto switch is al5on.So when I bring my eye to viewfinder the screen goes off...But when checking the pic...It won't appear in viewfinder..You can see them only on screen

Sad on my enty level EM10 I can view.... :(

The auto switch is al5on.So when I bring my eye to viewfinder the screen goes off...But when checking the pic...It won't appear in viewfinder..You can see them only on screen

If your viewfinder is working I see no reason to not able to toggle between It and the LCD. Check the menu if preview is on or not..that is it will display photo right after photo is taken or shutter button is pressed
,it may be off to save power by previous user. Try toggle LV button on right side of viewfinder if it switches between LCD and viewfinder.Who knows the eye sensor circuit may not work but the LV button does.

If your viewfinder is working I see no reason to not able to toggle between It and the LCD. Check the menu if preview is on or not..that is it will display photo right after photo is taken or shutter button is pressed
,it may be off to save power by previous user. Try toggle LV button on right side of viewfinder if it switches between LCD and viewfinder.Who knows the eye sensor circuit may not work but the LV button does.
Ok will check tonight...

I checked all and can't find any.I did software update also..I am so surprised the entry level EM10 have and they couldn't add to this model which higher even with a software update lol...