OM System Wow Camera

I have already early said that it does not make sense for Panasonic to give up MFT and focus on Full Frame,
because Panasonic sell much more of its MFT GH Series than its Full Frame L Series.

For Leica to discontinue APSC, it simply means its sales is bad for APSC.

No Fujifilm will not switch to Full Frame. It will not succeed.

The Full Frame Arena is a Red Ocean, which even Nikon is struggling.

Unless they can come up something which can compete with Sony Full Frame Series or Canon Full Frame R series, it is going to be tough.

Leica has discontinued its APSC line of camera and lenses.
To concentrate on Full Frame. And medium format.
The high price of Leica means they are in a special segment of the camera market.
Their target customers are different. Usually money is no object.

Panasonic will take note for their L mount full frame products.
Will Panasonic follow suit and drop their MFT cameras and lenses?

If Panasonic gives up MFT then what does it mean for OMDS with only 1 new camera OM1 mirrorless so far?
OMDS will be alone in a dying sensor format system.

Fuji first made APSC cameras long ago when cost of full frame sensors was prohibitive.
Now that Fuji has a medium format line.
Will Fuji decide to go Full Frame and drop APSC?

Ricohflex, you may be right that m43 might take a hit if pansonic screw up it's GH6 flagship but this problem exist on all CMOS sensors even fullframe so it's a matter of software compensation on adjacent pixels. It is especially so for video when it's usual to add a lot of processing in low light scenes. There is no perfect sensor. Hope you don't keep on harping about where the camera industry is going. It goes where consumers want it to go.
Ps I've already created a separate thread for GH6 to highlight the issue.

All things considered m43 is a viable format and camera system.

Last edited:
One person's opinion.

Fast forward to 21:17 and then to 21:59.

Another person's opinion.

Fast forward to 13:27 and continue viewing to 13:52.

Oh, Ricohflex , don't hide behind another person's opinion. They are YouTubers so they got to have opinions in order to influence buyer's decision. I know this is off topic but is also relevant from the m43 format point of view. Notice from the two videos you posted that pansonic sent to them for review and of course they cannot appear to be negative from the start or else no one will send them equipment for review so both videos leave their negative comments at the last 3 minutes of the review with Gerald undone smuggly saying m43 is DEAD and so did Tony who also predicted as you did much earlier the demise of m43. You have selectively chosen videos that insinuate that m43 will not survive..ha!

Here is your favourite Toneh boy and his GH6 video, in it he mentions as usual the often talked about dfd focus system that Panasonic still champion but he also mentions OLYMPUS..is that why you did not link to his video..kekeke. At least Toneh boy brings humour and entertains his audience and at the same time gives objective opinions but also a balanced assessment of the choices a camera buyer will make. Thumbs up for him.

Now as for your suggestion for pansonic's redirection to fullframe if you were their business consultant , hear what Toneh boy thinks of panny fullframe S5. Let's put it this way, all YouTubers are selling to wanna be YouTubers in the making and seriously there are cheaper vlogging cameras from Nikon Z30 or Sony zv series. The thing is every camera has it's use purposes. It may not appeal to one group but another. So talk about sensor formats is irrelevant. Get the gear that works for you. Enjoy the weekend.

Ok for the record, this is what Gerald Undone said about m43 three years ago. " I don't know the future of m43." @9:43. But now he knows, m43 is dead...haha. He also spoke about the disadvantages of m43, focal length, aperture and depth of field which is nothing new by now.

Well although fullframe has "improved" you cannot runaway from physics. Sony's fullframe low light king the S7 mark 3 is only 12.1 mp and iso a whopping over 400k. The body costs SGD $4899 not really expensive for a budding film /video maker .
That said the myth of the superiority of fullframe in lowlight needs to be clarified.
Fullframe is not pro but m43 is for video that is.
With fast lenses on m43 things can level up and be better too. Not to mention the weight and costs of lenses and gimble although there is digital stabalisation . The myth of large aperture is also another one for video. No professional will shoot wide open if it's a paid job. And lastly the cost of a powerful pc to process at least 4k video files and large storage space solutions. Here's why...

Last edited:
For anyone who may be influenced by Naysayers like @ricohflex saying our investments on M43 lenses may go down the drain, read the following article below.

The extract is here " It's unlikely either Nikon or Canon will publicly announce the end of F-mount or EF-mount camera production, or associated lens production, sometime after that, but nearly four years after they both announced new lens mounts, it's quite possible that we may have seen their last DSLRs, already. "

My friends who invested in Sony already lamented on the demise of Sony Alpha lenses some hears back after investing so much!

So, whether you have invested in M43, Nikon, Canon or even Sony, there is always a risk of equipment being obsolete.

My point is not to say any brands is no good or to defend M43, but to point out that nowadays, if we can use any system for 3 to 4 years, we should be contented and move on if the system is no longer available. If you think 3 to 4 years is too short and make the cost of ownership too high, then rent some of the lenses which we use less often. Cheers!

Reactions: skf
Haiz...fullframe better? Do you print 40in. exhibition photos or just web and social media?
People can see and think for themselves. All the marketing and hype of fullframe. This is also related to m43.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Last edited:
Sorry out of topic but bear with me...final piece..peace.
Hope this talk about fullframe Vs m43 stops here!
Gear does not matter . Use right tool for right job even if it's fullframe. Are you as good as this lady pro?

The time when you have to deliver the goods!
GH6 + Fullframe S5.

It's not like she cannot shoot entirely with m43 but it needs more work and you need to deliver so here is proof.

Finally how big can you print. Addressing the elephant in the room. Bear in mind the bigger the print the costs go up. You need good light for details.

The argument is viewing distance but if you want the cake and eat it then medium format it is but it's not cheap.

Reactions: Pitachu
You can print literally from even phones but again you need good light. It is worth it rather than looking at a monitor screen that most photos are displayed. Your precious memories.

The nuts and bolts of printing.

Reactions: Pitachu
Fully agree. Most people are satisfied with a Mobile Phone resolution of 12mp and can print photos, photobooks and even photo on a canvas with the photos from a mobile phone. That is why Mobile Phone has taken over a huge market share of the Camera market.

When I realize that, I don't chase after Megapixel anymore, but focus on other aspects like what lenses I can attach to camera to achieve the effect I want. It was such a joy to be able to put my camera and 3 lenses into a waist pouch as I trek a lot.

You can print literally from even phones but again you need good light. It is worth it rather than looking at a monitor screen that most photos are displayed. Your precious memories.

The nuts and bolts of printing.

See this.

From 5:10 to 5:12

He says:

Quote { I think Olympus ambassadors are the worst }

I agree.

Everyone should view the video in youtube and read the comments below to get the correct picture.
Anyway, this Camera Conspiracies guy always target controversial issues of M43 to create hooks to draw audience like Ricohflex.
But he is very careful on what he said. Some years back I did debate with him on G9 and he corrected and reposition his angle.

Being a M43 user in Asia, I have been following Robin Wong's channel too. You have to visit to judge for yourself whether he is bias or he is the one of the worst ambassadors........ but to be fair, he does live up to his claims when he say those lenses are good. His photos with those lenses proof it!

See this.

From 5:10 to 5:12

He says:

Quote { I think Olympus ambassadors are the worst }

I agree.

Camera conspiracies make peace with all camera companies so should everyone.

When Olympus and Panasonic jointly started MFT in 2008.
They were pioneers. And on the right track. They had the right idea (mirrorless).
But sheer foolishness, ego, arrogance turned the right track into a rut - a deep addiction to the MFT sensor size that they cannot shake off.

It is very sad.

Olympus and Panasonic let a 5 year head start go to waste. Olympus and Panasonic could not let go of MFT because they were like Parents to their Baby (MFT) and had emotional bonds. Refusing to give it up.

Olympus and Panasonic had the world on a plate from 2008 to 2013 --- and they handed it to Sony on a silver platter.
As a result, Sony made the A7 in 2013 the full frame mirrorless ILC. It had flaws because this was Sony first attempt.
The flaws were corrected by Sony with a string of newer models in quick succession.

Sony full frame mirrorless ILC camera models were a runaway success. With a HUGE market share.
It left Olympus in RUINS. Which is doubly sad when you think of what might have been - if only Olympus Camera Division had a smarter CEO.
Sony success shocked Canon and Nikon (they were happy to continue selling to customers mirror DSLRs until the year 3050 if they could get away with it).
Finally Canon and Nikon were forced to make mirrorless ILC in 2018.
Canon and Nikon had no choice because Sony was eating their Lunch.

Even when sticking to MFT no matter what, Olympus forgot the attributes of:
• Small
• Light
• Cheap

Foolishly, Olympus wanted to battle it out with the big boys and made Very Expensive MFT bodies and lenses. Look at the silly Olympus OM-D E-M1X.

Not everyone needs 60 MP top of the line camera (e.g. Sony A7 RIV) that is very expensive.

Olympus should have catered to the mass market with small, light, cheap products. (if they refuse to go into Full Frame)
In many ways, looking at how Olympus went about it - one can conclude that Olympus Camera Division deserved to DIE.
Which it did in 2020.

Last edited:
Ricohflex, I am surprised that as an ex-MFT user, your understanding of MFT is quite shallow.

Olympus & Panasonic, manufacturers and users have never intend to battle MFT with FF SLRs.
It seems that you are the only one here that keep trying to do it and I am not sure why.

Just like Compact Cameras and Small Mounted Cameras (eg. GoPro etc) never intend to battle with FF SLRs.
By you keep repeating that Olympus and Panasonic should have migrate to full frame is like asking GoPro to make Full Frame.
Why don't you go to the GoPro Forum and do that? You appear to be so ignorant here.

We are choose MFT because we love its weight and size.
A mirrorless FF is definitely much larger and heavier when you pair it with a FF lenses.
The Sony A7c, a FF range finder is a joke. With the kit lenses which Sony try so hard to make it pancake, the quality sucks.
I tried it at the sony stall with a G lenses and it feel so unbalanced. Don't take my word for it, go to a Sony stall and try it.

I do agree that the E1mx is not a popular or logical development by Olympus as I don't like it too.
But I read the mgt explanation somewhere that and it seems that there is a sizable group of users who wants a high speed with high IBIS body to go with the excellent compact telephoto lenses of Olympus eg. 600mm F4 equivalent lenses. It is still a much more compact and lighter setup compared with a Sony, Nikon or Canon with a 600mm F4 lenses.

Whether MFT survives in 5 years time, no one ones and it does not mattar? Would you know whether Pentax or even Nikon will disappear like Contax or Ricoh or Minolta? Just buy what you need now, be happy that it last a few years. Don't waste time here, go and take some beautiful photos instead. :)

When Olympus and Panasonic jointly started MFT in 2008.
They were pioneers. And on the right track. They had the right idea (mirrorless).
But sheer foolishness, ego, arrogance turned the right track into a rut - a deep addiction to the MFT sensor size that they cannot shake off.

It is very sad.

Olympus and Panasonic let a 5 year head start go to waste. Olympus and Panasonic could not let go of MFT because they were like Parents to their Baby (MFT) and had emotional bonds. Refusing to give it up.

Olympus and Panasonic had the world on a plate from 2008 to 2013 --- and they handed it to Sony on a silver platter.
As a result, Sony made the A7 in 2013 the full frame mirrorless ILC. It had flaws because this was Sony first attempt.
The flaws were corrected by Sony with a string of newer models in quick succession.

Sony full frame mirrorless ILC camera models were a runaway success. With a HUGE market share.
It left Olympus in RUINS. Which is doubly sad when you think of what might have been - if only Olympus Camera Division had a smarter CEO.
Sony success shocked Canon and Nikon (they were happy to continue selling to customers mirror DSLRs until the year 3050 if they could get away with it).
Finally Canon and Nikon were forced to make mirrorless ILC in 2018.
Canon and Nikon had no choice because Sony was eating their Lunch.

Even when sticking to MFT no matter what, Olympus forgot the attributes of:
• Small
• Light
• Cheap

Foolishly, Olympus wanted to battle it out with the big boys and made Very Expensive MFT bodies and lenses. Look at the silly Olympus OM-D E-M1X.

Not everyone needs 60 MP top of the line camera (e.g. Sony A7 RIV) that is very expensive.

Olympus should have catered to the mass market with small, light, cheap products. (if they refuse to go into Full Frame)
In many ways, looking at how Olympus went about it - one can conclude that Olympus Camera Division deserved to DIE.
Which it did in 2020.

Last edited:

Although it is more Sony vs Canon…OM system seems not dying so soon from the charts.