OM System Wow Camera

I think Sony is definitely capable of producing a better IS mechanism, but it has other design priorities.
For a FF Mirrorless to have an equivalent or better IS than eg. the OM 1 or EM1 with 7 stops, the IS mechanism may be much larger and make the camera body much larger. Sony probably do not want to design something like the Canon R3 (8 stops) but huge and weigh about 1100g!!!

That said even among Japanese companies they guard their secrets and do not share their technology freely. For instance turning around the story why could not Sony have designed a better image stabilising mechanism with the help or co- operation of Olympus?

Not so WOW if there is no delivery to pre-release orders :(

Yep, no sure why the Singapore Agent not able to bring in the stock.

The OM1 is available in BH PhotoVideo site and Amazon websites for sometime.

Not so WOW if there is no delivery to pre-release orders :(

Is the OMDS OM-1 going to be the savior of M43? Watch the video below:

been a while since coming to the forum, good to see there are still some chats going on. OM-1 should be coming in end of May locally. Hope to test it out when it's here. for me, the format is still here to stay, I still meet a lot of people outside using Olympus and many still like it for wildlife.
Saw this video other day from a photographer i followed for awhile, here's his choice between OM-1 and Sony A1

One more thing.
Internet rumors of Nikon Z5 II and Z4.
Both probably priced below the OMDS OM-1 MFT mirrorless.

Watch out OMDS.
Nikon may be making these to compete with Canon and Sony.
But the more significant side effect of Nikon Z mount budget friendly entry level Full Frame mirrorless interchangeable camera bodies is:

• It will KILL the MFT market.

Price is a big factor in buying decisions.
I'm not sure how many predictions against m43/Olympus you have made over the years came true, but keep going coz it's fun to watch. Your examples of Z4/Z5II shows how limited knowledge you have about product segmentation. These are hardly flagship cameras.

For those who know the advantages of m43 system and OM cameras with the computational features will appreciate it and the direction it is heading. If IQ, high iso noise, DR or shallow DOF is for you, go with FF, MF.

I'm not sure how many predictions against m43/Olympus you have made over the years came true, but keep going coz it's fun to watch. Your examples of Z4/Z5II shows how limited knowledge you have about product segmentation. These are hardly flagship cameras.

For those who know the advantages of m43 system and OM cameras with the computational features will appreciate it and the direction it is heading. If IQ, high iso noise, DR or shallow DOF is for you, go with FF, MF.

Spot on! I have not seen a person who is so against a brand. I do have a theory; if you make enough "predictions", perhaps one day some minor situation will arise and he could say "see, I told you!"

Looking forward to the local release and testing of the OM-1. I'll skip the iii and x. Saving for this one.

Spot on! I have not seen a person who is so against a brand. I do have a theory; if you make enough "predictions", perhaps one day some minor situation will arise and he could say "see, I told you!"
Haha.That would be Tony Northrup :)

Looking forward to the local release and testing of the OM-1. I'll skip the iii and x. Saving for this one.
Nice. Seems like you are back with the system bro. For what you shoot these days, it makes sense for OM-1. will let u know if there's a local testing. It's actually on pre-ordering already, but local stocks are only in i think end of this month.

Nice. Seems like you are back with the system bro. For what you shoot these days, it makes sense for OM-1. will let u know if there's a local testing. It's actually on pre-ordering already, but local stocks are only in i think end of this month.
Haha. I am back to birds , last used the Canon 600mmf4 in 2007…M43 system make it more fun and nimble. No need to be “fixed position“by a tripod. The Pro capture thingy in Olympus really a good invention for action ..lol. I did consider the popular Sony 200-600 route as the overall price with a A7iii is about the same as 300mm+em1ii. But I prefer the 1kg less weight overall of the m43 system as I sometimes cycle with it.

I am curious what is the indicative price for the OM-1 in Singapore?

The pre-order is $3259. Now if you can get it is probably a few hundred above that

I am curious what is the indicative price for the OM-1 in Singapore?

Thanks guys for the price update. Considering the features it offers, quite well priced I'd say. Imagine pair it with the excellent 300/f4 will still be under $7K which can't buy you A1 or Z9 body etc.

As always the survival of one brand/format is affected by what the competition can offer.
Yesterday Canon announced R7 and R10. Both APS-C.
The price of R10 (24.2MP) with RF-S18 to 45mm lens is US$1099. Body only is US$980.
The EOS R7 (32.5MP) is priced at US$1499 for the body-only. Got in-body stabilisation. Got C-Log3.

Olympus OM1 digital (20MP) is UD$2199 (body only).

One more nail in the coffin of OMDS.

For any photographer like Ricohflex who do not need the high end specs of the OM1,
the Canon R7 is indeed a better choice given its lower price and higher resolution.

But between Canon R7, R10 and Olympus EM5 Mk3, I will still choose the EM5 M3,
because it already has all the features I need (which is not much).

Nail in the coffin for OMDS????? You have been saying for more than 2 years.
No competitor camera is going to kill off another brand's camera!!!

The real nail in the coffin is Mobile Phone camera, which have hit even Nikon, Canon and Sony
as well as all the rest very hard.

As always the survival of one brand/format is affected by what the competition can offer.
Yesterday Canon announced R7 and R10. Both APS-C.
The price of R10 (24.2MP) with RF-S18 to 45mm lens is US$1099. Body only is US$980.
The EOS R7 (32.5MP) is priced at US$1499 for the body-only. Got in-body stabilisation. Got C-Log3.

Olympus OM1 digital (20MP) is UD$2199 (body only).

One more nail in the coffin of OMDS.